291 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Late night Dyer bomb about Tyler's transfer to RBL almost reaching conclusion  As long as this happens at the end of the season, this isn't a big deal because no one could have expected him to be here forever. Some national media folk appear to be running with this for what its worth. Even if he left this summer I still think our team is good enough to make a Cup run with Rza and Davis in CM or us playing more 3 in the back.  Plus they could also move Valot deep and make space for a summer DP in right wing.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Per Dyer.

Fuck Red Bull.

#RedBullOut

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
https://www.metro.us...aded-to-germany
The inevitable was just reported . Might not take effect until after the season but could happen this summer.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
They play young players. I like the idea of them loaning him out to Salzburg to get his feet wet. The bundesliga is a hell of a league.

Him moving was going to happen sooner than later. A better move than the Chelseas of the world.

We need to deal with it

5 year plan

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
https://www.metro.us...aded-to-germany

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Better for who? If Tyler wants to move on that's fine, but he has a contract and any organization worth a shit would shop him to the highest bidder. We dont get that standard right of business here.

We have no leverage in negotiations because our owner doesnt give a fuck about us absent mining talent for his German club. I mean seriously, the coubter party is owned by Dieter. This an atrocious precedent to set for this club and is going to be flat-out embarrassing to see when the transfer fee is way under market value.

#RedBullOut

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Better for who? If Tyler wants to move on that's fine, but he has a contract and any organization worth a shit would shop him to the highest bidder. We dont get that standard right of business here.

We have no leverage in negotiations because our owner doesnt give a fuck about us absent mining talent for his German club. I mean seriously, the coubter party is owned by Dieter. This an atrocious precedent to set for this club and is going to be flat-out embarrassing to see when the transfer fee is way under market value.

It depends.  Miazga went to Chelsea after all and not RBL.  This is where the MLS single entity thing works in our favor because as a none DP RBNY doesn't even own the contract.  Similar to what happened with Jack Harrison going to City I think that if another offer exists RB has to look to reasonably match it.  If the offer is more than they want to pay or player doesn't want to go there they let him go like Miazga.  I could see Tyler preferring to go over there, knowing the RB folk are familiar with him and more likely to give him a shot at cutting it. I don't think MLS as a co-investor is trying to get screwed

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Better for who?.

Tyler? Who gets to go to a team that he already understands tactically and that will probably give him a chance. Also, not a bad idea for possible incoming targets to know that the team will try to do right by them if they want to move on at some point.

Helps the parent company as well. And, is that so bad? They can invest money in the team outside of Adams transfer fee. I get not trusting they will, but they just signed Kaku and theres talk about an even bigger investment in Pussetto.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Tyler? Who gets to go to a team that he already understands tactically and that will probably give him a chance. Also, not a bad idea for possible incoming targets to know that the team will try to do right by them if they want to move on at some point.

Helps the parent company as well. And, is that so bad? They can invest money in the team outside of Adams transfer fee. I get not trusting they will, but they just signed Kaku and theres talk about an even bigger investment in Pussetto.

Side note 3/4 of the teams in MLS are so bad at developing players that this "problem" is something they never have to deal with (see Colorado).  Agree that moves like this should help us in attracting more prominent young talents in the locally and internationally.  As long as the conveyer belt keeps churning out good players I'm very indifferent if the replacements are already here, and we continue to be top 5 talent developer in MLS

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Let's see the transfer fee before we get into the evil empire stuff, yeah?

Really hope they can find a way to at least keep him around till the end of the season.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

I guess best case scenario they set up a deal to happen in January after MLS is done.

BUT maybe if we sell him now for a good price then we can get Pussetto.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
Nothing surprising about this; the big question will be whether its now or after the season. Praying they hold off until January so we can take one last run at silverware with him.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Kris has said in the past he didn't think the fee is going to be high. I'd be prepared to be disappointed.

#RedBullOut

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Kris has said in the past he didn't think the fee is going to be high. I'd be prepared to be disappointed.

Yep and thats because there isnt a high market value for American players. Pulisic being the exception.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Per Dyer.

Fuck Red Bull.

Without red bull, we never have the strongest academy in MLS set up to develop adams in the first place...which means we lose out on all the other young core of our team right now.

But yea red bull out amirite??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users