sorry its so small

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Don't see how Lade is above anyone at this point. Duncan had a rough outing vs ATL but I'd say he's at least at parity or above Lade. Agree with the rest though

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
Nice job. Id probably put Tarek as an 8. I think hes been one of our best and most important players this year. Its scary to think about where we might be if he didnt step up to the plate.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Nice job. Id probably put Tarek as an 8. I think hes been one of our best and most important players this year. Its scary to think about where we might be if he didnt step up to the plate.

Only relative to expectations. A solid 6 or maybe 7 otherwise

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I would have etienne and long as a 7. Very good gold cup. When they played for rbny, they were difference makers.

Etienne has been so good and he has such a cheap contract that he can be used as bate to get some defensive help. I would hate to see that happen but the kid has talent and should start.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I agree but like I wrote theyve not played much for us this season.

I know its not their fault with gold cup and both showed well which is good for us but so far not player of the year stuff. For me it would be between Robles and Royer.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Doyle gave us a B in terms of mid-season ratings, said we werent great bit since we missed so many key parts we did well. Expects us to have big push 2nd half of the year.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I would have etienne and long as a 7. Very good gold cup. When they played for rbny, they were difference makers.

Etienne has been so good and he has such a cheap contract that he can be used as bate to get some defensive help. I would hate to see that happen but the kid has talent and should start.

i have tried to watch more MLS this year and their are several teams that could use someone like him in a more prominent role.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Extremely harsh against Iván. Guy has been a useful roll player at time and has contributed a few goals.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Extremely harsh against Iván. Guy has been a useful roll player at time and has contributed a few goals.

It may be harsh, and it may not be his fault that his agent fleeced Red Bull, but a guy making $300k has to be fighting for a starting spot at the very least. In a salary capped league, that's too much to spend on a guy who can't even win the super sub role.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It may be harsh, and it may not be his fault that his agent fleeced Red Bull, but a guy making $300k has to be fighting for a starting spot at the very least. In a salary capped league, that's too much to spend on a guy who can't even win the super sub role.

this forever. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Fair. Its hard to say how much of that is having too many wingers and Armas stubbornness with regard to his starting 11.

I think if you have a higher level TAM/DP guy on the wing opposite Danny you dont have to carry as much depth at the position.

None the less, Alex seems to be Armas pick as the regular RW. Would love to see more Omir and Derrick as well because theyve shown flashes, but it doesnt seem to be a priority for the leadership of this team.

When Royer ages out into a less effective option, minutes will open up. Id assume that Omir has the best chance at still being with the team at that point.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I dont think Ivan has been a bad pick up but he is fighting with Royer and Etienne who are also having good seasons. If only one of them could learn to play LB

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

i have tried to watch more MLS this year and their are several teams that could use someone like him in a more prominent role.

INCLUDING METRO!!!

It is pure agony watching this team shit on and waste his talent. Playing to not make mistakes is a function of knowing his minutes mostly belong to Alex Muyl, to the detriment of DE's development and the team. I think he's a potential allstar. So goddamn metro to sacrifice him for a wingback being shoehorned into a pressing winger for 3 years running now.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Where are folks on trading away vs investing minutes in Etienne's talent today?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users