126 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Best news of the day. Cap space created and deadweight gone. Love it!

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
Wonderful news. I am crying tears of joy!

JerseyTexan

JerseyTexan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
I for one am disappointed. This dude was the Chinese Democracy of midfielders. I mean, the anticipation....<br>

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

Best news of the day. Cap space created and deadweight gone. Love it!

:cheers:

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I for one am disappointed. This dude was the Chinese Democracy of midfielders. I mean, the anticipation....<br>

Wow....that was a good one.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So true. :cheers:
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Post of the year nominee.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

I don't get it :(:(:(

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

Okay, he was the "Detox" of Metro midfielders.

If that still goes over your head, "Chinese Democracy" (Guns N' Roses) and Dr. Dre's "Detox" were probably the most anticipated albums of the past decade. Both were follow-ups to very successful albums, that fans and critics had to wait over 10 years for. For the most part, the albums were disappointments because by the time they finally dropped, listeners tastes had changed and the albums could never live up to anticipation they actually generated.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

If that still goes over your head, "Chinese Democracy" (Guns N' Roses) and Dr. Dre's "Detox" were probably the most anticipated albums of the past decade. Both were follow-ups to very successful albums, that fans and critics had to wait over 10 years for. For the most part, the albums were disappointments because by the time they finally dropped, listeners tastes had changed and the albums could never live up to anticipation they actually generated.

Or Duke Nukem Forever?

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Went over my head at first, too.
(But then again, I've disliked Rose since One in a Million, so I wasn't waiting feverishly for anything else GNR did after that...)

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Ahhhh gotcha :cheers:

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

EstonianAssassin

EstonianAssassin

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Tottenham

Does that mean that Joel is our "Appetite for Destruction"? Who's our November Rain?

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
I have a bad feeling our Nielsen experience isn't over... something tells me that they're just moving him off the roster while they finagle with MLS and Salzburg. RB Salzburg stated that they had no plans on using Nielsen this season, but they still own his rights... where else would he go?

Whats the rule on players being loaned to MLS teams? In Europe it's standard for teams to cover part of their loaned player salaries, can we get his cap down to league minimum?

I hope it's done, but I'd almost wager this ain't over yet.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

Went over my head at first, too.
(But then again, I've disliked Rose since One in a Million, so I wasn't waiting feverishly for anything else GNR did after that...)

Would a "Lauryn Hill Untitled 2nd Album" analogy work for you? Seriously, only Sade, Maxwell and possibly D'Angelo can get a pass on such a long layoff between albums.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users