847 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Jason Ader would be significant. Anyone following the movement would know why.

Not important but 50% more for 33% more shirts? Doesn't sound right.

50% more for 50% more shirts, or 33% less for 33% fewer shirts

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Gotta start feeling for the players like Dax and Robles who have no idea what it's ahead or in 2016.  Is that  new away shirt?  The logo looks a bit smaller...maybe Red Bull is disappearing... :unsure:

B7Qr7c3CcAAQ7dL.jpg

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

In all seriousness, I think the RB logo is a good looking logo.  Compare to a lot of other jersey's across the world, I like it a lot.  And I don't drink energy drinks not named coffee.  

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

50% more for 50% more shirts, or 33% less for 33% fewer shirts

Yeah that's how I read it too.

#RedBullOut

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Because it would cost 50% more and it is a bit unrealistic to assume all who attend would be behind the message we are sending. If 200 people wearing it do not make a difference then 300 would not too. 

As to the funding, why are we so concerned with who when the message is what is important?

We are trying to focus on the message and not the people behind it.

Jason Ader donated $1,200. Understood. He's awesome.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Jason Ader donated $1,200. Understood. He's awesome.

But he has a dog in this fight, too. He wants to buy this team (as seen from his previous attempt). If we revolt enough, we could theoretically drive down the price of the club since there is supporter instability. This helps him buy the team for less than the sticker price. This scenario probably won't happen but there's a good reason why he's pitching in all this money.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I would hope all ST's in this forum who are going to the town hall would wear this shirt for the Curtis message at least.  Seriously, fuck that guy.   

#RedBullOut

Nidal Baba Superstar

Nidal Baba Superstar

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

I think the town hall meeting Friday night is going to be the climax of the Red Bull Out movement and it will predictably fade out after that once people realize that RB is not going to sell anytime soon.

I still believe that once the weather starts getting warmer and the team signs a couple players people are going to be more excited about going to games and watching MLS again than moping about Petke and sitting at home on Saturday nights.

This is not to say the Petke firing is just -- it is a bullshit firing and Ali Curtis is an asshole.

But at the end of the day I think more people are going to miss someone like Henry than a coach like Petke. And people will eventually get over it and move on like everything else in sports. Mike Petke is not more important than the entire team or the franchise.

One of the reasons the movement has gotten so big now is because there is little else going on in the world of RB, so you have nothing else to talk about. 

The public interest does appear to be dying down already. If you search for Red Bulls news the only places covering the discontent are the same RB fansites that only the diehards read. The people pushing the hashtag and commenting on the Facebook pages are people that bashed RB when Petke was still coach, so all you are really getting now is the same fringe group complaining about ownership, except they are banging the drums a little louder because of the Petke news. This is nothing new.

And I have no issue with that, but if it's just diehards complaining then I don't see much coming out of this because the public is showing that they aren't overly concerned.

The billboard thing is very cool, but the timing is a bit ill-advised. Two months after the firing, when the billboard will go up, will the general public still be enraged? Or will the Petke drama be in the rear-view mirror as the season begins?

Bottom line I think is that for a successful movement, you have to get the general populace to be intrigued, and I just don't think they care enough about Petke or the Metrostars to push this thing much further than it has gone already. 

If you think the movement is going to naturally fizzle out, then why are you out here pouring water on it...instead of letting it naturally...fizzle out?

MetroBlknWht

MetroBlknWht

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Supports:metro

If you think the movement is going to naturally fizzle out, then why are you out here pouring water on it...instead of letting it naturally...fizzle out?

I think you misunderstood me. I never said that I think the movement will fizzle out. I said that despite the possibility of it fizzling out, I would support it anyway and it is a very poor argument against the movement to say "It will never succeed".

MetroBlknWht

MetroBlknWht

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

#NeinzuRB    That is the German hashtag for the anti-redbull campaign (or at least one of them).  I really think this will eventually be picked up in the European press if we can make enough noise.

MetroBlknWht

MetroBlknWht

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Anybody Zpeak ze Deutsche?  I'm trying to reach out to German media outlets via Twitter.  Maybe an email in German would be effective?

Giants3b

Giants3b

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:laying in the dirt
  • Supports:San Francisco Giants

Doesn't Ader run into a legal issue if he donates too much money to a anti-RB campaign and is a possible buyer?

Nidal Baba Superstar

Nidal Baba Superstar

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

I think you misunderstood me. I never said that I think the movement will fizzle out. I said that despite the possibility of it fizzling out, I would support it anyway and it is a very poor argument against the movement to say "It will never succeed".

Sorry, man...I straight quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote Fellaini's Afro, not you. That's what I get for boarding on a phone.

MetroBlknWht

MetroBlknWht

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Sorry, man...I straight quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote Fellaini's Afro, not you. That's what I get for boarding on a phone.

No prob.  Figured it was a confusion of sorts.

Nidal Baba Superstar

Nidal Baba Superstar

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

And now I tried to change my post to properly quote the post I meant to, but have ended up putting his words in your mouth instead.

I give up.

Fuck Red Bull, fuck Ali Curtis, that's all I know right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users