270 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Can someone refresh my memory what our current DP situation is? Kaku is one. Yearwood is one. Is Long one? Tetteh?

As per this, just Kaku and Yearwood (Yearwood is a YDP)  https://www.newyorkr...lls.com/players

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

i don't understand the need to bring someone here from Barnsley.  
Also, he used to coach Tetteh so in effect we have a player he had.
I think they will be promoting multiple NYRB 2 players in the off season and sign a few young DPs. 

I don't think there's a need to bring someone from Barnsley, but if we're hoping to get an impact guy in right away, I'd figure he might have someone in mind that he knows already. Although, since he's already been talking up the need for strikers, maybe he'll give Thelwell his same shopping list.

I think a young DP or two is a reasonable expectation, but would also love to see a clear starter level TAM guy who's in his mid to late 20s as well. Watching young guys progress is fun, but we need the occasional "finished product" too.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Can someone refresh my memory what our current DP situation is? Kaku is one. Yearwood is one. Is Long one? Tetteh?

Kaku is a full DP, Yearwood a YDP, but with the U22 player thing thats in the new CBA that allows for teams to sign 3 additional U22 players, Yearwood could potentially be reclassified as one of those players freeing up another DP spot.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Strubers preferred formations are the 3-4-1-2 and the 4-4-2 diamond.

Interesting roster questions posed if he is hired because neither formation utilizes out and out wingers...Royer, Fernandez, Mines, Stroud, and Valot are the current wing options on the roster.

Valot has looked decent as a CM option, and Stroud has played CAM and maybe CM with the 2s.

Assuming that he wont utilize the 4-2-3-1 as a frequent formation its tough to see where Fernandez and Mines would find minutes if the team is hoping to bring them along, and where Royer fits, because the team looks distinctly worse when they try to play him as a striker.

The benefit of both those formations is that Kaku stays as a CAM. Maybe Royer, Fernandez, & Mines can works in a strike partnership with Kaku as a 10. Weve really only seen the two striker formation with Kaku out wide.

Also, Fernandez & Mines must have looked ok at the USL as strikers because doesnt RBNY2 play a lot in the 4-2-2-2?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

The benefit of both those formations is that Kaku stays as a CAM. Maybe Royer, Fernandez, & Mines can works in a strike partnership with Kaku as a 10. Weve really only seen the two striker formation with Kaku out wide.

Also, Fernandez & Mines must have looked ok at the USL as strikers because doesnt RBNY2 play a lot in the 4-2-2-2?

Mostly a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We already have an idea what the personnel looks like in a 4-2-3-1. But if they run Struber's 3CB/2WB system, maybe it'll look like:

-----------------Royer Barlow

----------------------Kaku

-Pendant Yearwood Casseres Duncan

-------------Long Parker Nealis

----------------------Meara

Jensen Tarek Egbo Rza Davis Valot Omir Stroud Mines Tetteh Jorgensen White

They might change it up by having one striker and 2 players in front of the CDM pair. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

We already have an idea what the personnel looks like in a 4-2-3-1. But if they run Struber's 3CB/2WB system, maybe it'll look like:

-----------------Royer Barlow

-Pendant Yearwood Casseres Duncan

-------------Long Parker Nealis

Jensen Tarek Egbo Rza Davis Valot Omir Stroud Mines Tetteh Jorgensen White

They might change it up by having one striker and 2 players in front of the CDM pair. 

Id like to see this

-----------------Royer Tetteh

-Egbo Yearwood Casseres Duncan

-------------Tarek  Long Parker 

Englishman In New York

Englishman In New York

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Supports:Barnsley

Hi guys , Barnsley fan here .

First of all he's a good tactical coach , he knows his stuff and how to get the maximum out of the players at his disposal .

Totally out thought Bielsa at Leeds and Frank at Brentford at the end of last season .

He asked for some decent financial backing here to enable us to kick on this season and hasn't received it so he's doing the right thing in my opinion and protecting his career and moving on .

I sincerely hope he is successful in New York and it works out for him .

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Thanks for the heads-up. Hope you all land with an excellent coach, promotion and some decent backing.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
In his 14 league matches in charge of Wolfsberger AC, Struber produced an 8-3-3 record, with 2 of those 3 losses to Jesses Salzburg.

Win over Gladbach and a draw with Roma in the Europa League.

Englishman In New York

Englishman In New York

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Supports:Barnsley

Probably not something you guys would have known over in New York but Struber was offered the Watford job in August who were relegated from the EPL in July and have aspirations of returning at the end of this season .

He turned the job down , possibly because Watford fire their HC's pretty regularly and are a difficult club to work for to say the least .

He's pretty much ran his race here at Barnsley with what he has to work with and we haven't started the new season well at all .

You can only do so much with league one players in the english championship which is a very unforgiving level .

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Is it official then or he is still coaching next Barnsley game?

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Here's the most recent reporting:

"Talks are ongoing between all parties, but reports in Struber's native Austria say a deal is virtually agreed."

https://www.bbc.com/...otball/54343048

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

"a deal is virtually agreed."

Does that mean almost complete, or via Zoom?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Probably not something you guys would have known over in New York but Struber was offered the Watford job in August who were relegated from the EPL in July and have aspirations of returning at the end of this season

I understand he had quite a few offers in England and the Netherlands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users