Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

whenever Davis' salary reaches ~$500k, he's a goner. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I know a lot of big name players get thrown around, but there are rumors that Luis Suarez is very interested in coming to MLS. I would love to see him here. I  think he would dominate this league and would be worth the price of admission alone.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I know a lot of big name players get thrown around, but there are rumors that Luis Suarez is very interested in coming to MLS. I would love to see him here. I  think he would dominate this league and would be worth the price of admission alone.

Would be great, will never happen

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Would be great, will never happen

Luis Suarez will be in MLS....with Inter Miami, not a tarpped up franchise!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Luis Suarez is very interested in coming to MLS.
... worth the price of admission alone.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=jHv64hbCIJw

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Yimmi Chara?
lol 
;-)

I'd still take him....

But I think they should go bigger... He is very accessible considering what they have paid for Kaku but I'd like to see them take the player signing game for MLS to the next level and go after some like say

Hakim Ziyech, Erling Haaland, Nicolò Zaniolo, or Quincy Promes... If they could try to get any of those even if they get turned down I'd be impressed but it would be a dream to land any two them
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Trapp being shopped supposedly. He has no business being on the NT but MLS wise hes worth a look. His value has to be at an all time low now. Maybe he needs a change of scenery and can be had for cheap.

5 year plan

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Trapp being shopped supposedly. He has no business being on the NT but MLS wise hes worth a look. His value has to be at an all time low now. Maybe he needs a change of scenery and can be had for cheap.

Its a TRAPP!  

seriously pass 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I honestly don't see what Trapp would bring to the table. He doesn't run. Doesn't press. Plays cute passes I guess? And is a USMNT player only on account of blind nepotism on our national team coach's part.

He's like Sean Davis 2.0. Not even...he's like Sean Davis 1.5. Pass

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I honestly don't see what Trapp would bring to the table. He doesn't run. Doesn't press. Plays cute passes I guess? And is a USMNT player only on account of blind nepotism on our national team coach's part.

He's like Sean Davis 2.0. Not even...he's like Sean Davis 1.5. Pass

i'm not a big Trapp fan but i think he's pretty different from Davis.  He is less of a defensive presence but his range of passing is a massive upgrade from Davis.  Davis doesn't really have the ability to hit line breaking balls, which Trapp can do.  Based on our lower confrontation line style a player who could pass from deep like Trapp actually would help us a lot.  Too many times Kaku has to come back very deep to retrieve the ball because it takes to long for us to start plays in transition.  This is why Dax and Sacha were great together because Dax allowed Sacha to occupy space higher up the field not worrying about starting buildup.  If we played more of a 4-3-3 I wouldn't mind having Trapp but in our current 4-2-3-1 setup thats a no from me.  Not enough defensive cover 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

i'm not a big Trapp fan but i think he's pretty different from Davis.  He is less of a defensive presence but his range of passing is a massive upgrade from Davis.  Davis doesn't really have the ability to hit line breaking balls, which Trapp can do.  Based on our lower confrontation line style a player who could pass from deep like Trapp actually would help us a lot.  Too many times Kaku has to come back very deep to retrieve the ball because it takes to long for us to start plays in transition.  This is why Dax and Sacha were great together because Dax allowed Sacha to occupy space higher up the field not worrying about starting buildup.  If we played more of a 4-3-3 I wouldn't mind having Trapp but in our current 4-2-3-1 setup thats a no from me.  Not enough defensive cover 

Trapp's passing is maybe the most overrated individual attribute in the league. He has 5 assists in the last two seasons, 4 if MLS counted assists normally. I know that's not the only way to judge someone's distribution, but in a league that counts 2 assists per goal, you'd expect those numbers to be way better for a deep-frying playmaker.

So, because he doesn't really contribute to an attack and because, like you said, he can't really defend nor cover space, he would be totally useless here, just like he is with the national team.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I like Serhiy Buletsa, Erling Haaland and Quincy Promes... I say it's time they start splashing the kind of money Atlanta has been and some...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

question of the offseason is

Does Yimmi Charra and Orlando Berrío have younger brothers we can sign??

;-)

Serhiy or any of the other dozen names Milo provided sound promising. 

Haaland - if only but we can only help to develop another CL player not lure one away who is still on a meteoric rise.  Unless his footy dreams include MLS 2020 Golden Boot .

The other guys are 26+.  Red Bull just will not sign them as Global philosophy (which is not changing anytime soon) is to not sign players over 26

Seriously hoping Jesse is able to refer more people our way or people are more open to coming when they see Sims and the rest of the young players in the league.  Very tough hill to climb even with our homegrown like Matt Olusunde who continue to think best way up in Europe is to play well at lower level - most people don't see MLS as a Bundesliga lite (a la Jordan Sancho)

Hey that kid is young and could work. 

Could use some HOT STOVE today thats for sure!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

I like Serhiy Buletsa, Erling Haaland and Quincy Promes... I say it's time they start splashing the kind of money Atlanta has been and some...

Erling Haaland? Maybe in 2030! There is no way he is not going to the Premier League. His price tag will be between 50-100 million pounds. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

hey isn't Michael Bradley out of contract or something

<ducks>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users