18 replies to this topic

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
I started coming to Metro games after getting a 1/2 season package in 1999. Why the hell I stumped for a full season in 2000 (and every year since) is probably the answer to the question. Im a glutton for punishment.

Lets Go Metro!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we partied after the game in the parking lot with the Riders until the Kraftstapo kicked everyone out.

Time has dulled my memories. My recollection is that when the Foxboro PD told everyone to leave, Monty phoned the Revs FO & they told the police to back off.
Either way, good times! 🍻

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I started coming to Metro games after getting a 1/2 season package in 1999. Why the hell I stumped for a full season in 2000 (and every year since) is probably the answer to the question. Im a glutton for punishment.

Lets Go Metro!

after getting the 1/2 in 98, then buying singles in 101, 1999 was my 1st full season package in 101. of all the seasons to go all in for a season ticket. ugh.

i remember trying to go to the home games to start off the 97 season, but iirc, it rained every saturday of that month, while the other days of the week were bright sunny and clear. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Saw the MetroStars vs. Colombia friendly back in like 97 or 98 with my youth soccer team at the time.

Started casually watching after that and then religiously in the El Tren / Mathis era. Remember nearly throwing the remote through my television when the ref called El Tren offside in the Eastern Conference Finals against Chicago... still don't think that call was correct.

Summer before I graduated college, started covering MetroStars for Matchnight working with Kristian Dyer. Spent the 2006 season covering the team and then realized my true love was supporting the team and being a part of 101. Joined ESC in 2007 and had season tickets, traveled, etc. ever since

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users