Check back on October 21st

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

The RB mothership is just checking to see if there is a less expensive alternative.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Apparently not, to our FO.

Fire da bums! (threadsplit coming)

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Sack him now and fly Woly out there for Wednesday night

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Sack him now and fly Woly out there for Wednesday night

LOL, Blane him for handballs & OGs!
P.S. You should know that I am not a fan.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Check back on October 21st

Could be Oct 6th.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Since the Royer switch to forward, we're 1-3-1. His only goal is from the spot.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Since the Royer switch to forward, we're 1-3-1. His only goal is from the spot.

I wonder how much of that is no White, could try Barlow instead of running a severely hindered BWP out there

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
What the hell happen to SKC? Would Peter Vermes be an option for us at all or would you prefer Armas again?

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

What the hell happen to SKC? Would Peter Vermes be an option for us at all or would you prefer Armas again?

Vermes + spending on players would be great option.

At the end of the day if we're going to have the second smallest payroll in the league we have no hope.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Not saying Armas is getting the most out of his players but Pep wouldnt lead this team to a top 2 finish in the east bc the talent we have on this roster isnt there. I do agree...armas out. After seeing royer chase around the opposition as a forward in the first half we have nothing to talk about anymore

This franchise is in total need of a reboot from top to bottom. Starting with ownership

5 year plan

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Not saying Armas is getting the most out of his players but Pep wouldnt lead this team to a top 2 finish in the east bc the talent we have on this roster isnt there. I do agree...armas out. After seeing royer chase around the opposition as a forward in the first half we have nothing to talk about anymore

This franchise is in total need of a reboot from top to bottom. Starting with ownership

Unfortunately Red Bull is happy owning a team in NY that can create talent in NY/NJ through the academy, just to sell players to Europe and promote players to Leipzig. Any losses the team makes financially is paid off by transfer fees, national tv deal money, and MLS expansion fees. They really dont care about sagging attendance and terrible play on the field as long as they develop players for Leipzig or to sell to Europe. And they get their brand plastered all over the tristate area. Red Bull wont sell the unless they get at least 500-750 million which is much higher than any expansion cost in MLS. This is because of the presence the team has to advertise their drink in the NYC area, and because an MLS team if ran right could be extremely lucrative in the NY area. NYCFC isnt doing a great job either with connecting with the fans.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Unfortunately Red Bull is happy owning a team in NY that can create talent in NY/NJ through the academy, just to sell players to Europe and promote players to Leipzig. Any losses the team makes financially is paid off by transfer fees, national tv deal money, and MLS expansion fees. They really dont care about sagging attendance and terrible play on the field as long as they develop players for Leipzig or to sell to Europe. And they get their brand plastered all over the tristate area. Red Bull wont sell the unless they get at least 500-750 million which is much higher than any expansion cost in MLS. This is because of the presence the team has to advertise their drink in the NYC area, and because an MLS team if ran right could be extremely lucrative in the NY area. NYCFC isnt doing a great job either with connecting with the fans.

Whatever value they get from maybe one young player developed every few years (only one, ever, so far) is far outstripped by the value they would gain from actually selling tickets and having a successful team here.   They simply could have bought Tyler or someone similar on the open market with a hell of a lot less effort than actually running an MLS team.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Chicago without a stadium, worse performance on and off field and lower attendance sold for 400M.  Adding in stadium + academy + attendance + recent performance (excluding 2019 of course) would put value around 650?  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users