80 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I may be naive but, what other MLS starting CBs are there available ? Will we need to make a trade ?

not many great guys out there. maybe baptiste from chivas USA but rbny might be better using the foreign route to get defenders.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

not many great guys out there. maybe baptiste from chivas USA but rbny might be better using the foreign route to get defenders.

He isn't picked up? He was pretty good young CB imo in the chances he got. 

MadisonMetro

MadisonMetro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Nope.  Brooklyn-born, Long Island-raised too.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

One would hope Marsch would be aware of Jean Basptiste since they were both Chivas players.  Unless AJB has completely gone off the rails you would think he would be a great (short or long term) recalamation prject.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

One would hope Marsch would be aware of Jean Basptiste since they were both Chivas players.  Unless AJB has completely gone off the rails you would think he would be a great (short or long term) recalamation prject.  

About a 5 year different between the two. Marsch never worked with AJB. So probably not.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i dont think so. He also played for RBNY youth teams before he played for Portland and Chivas USA.  RBNY didnt claim him as a youth signing because of eligibility issues.  

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Rumors of Andrew Jean-Baptiste being signed. Only 22 years old and played 10 games last year for Chivas. Before that he was mostly a starter with Portland. He was a good college player with UConn. He also played with our U-23 team in 2010. Might be a decent pickup for low money.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Rumors of Andrew Jean-Baptiste being signed. Only 22 years old and played 10 games last year for Chivas. Before that he was mostly a starter with Portland. He was a good college player with UConn. He also played with our U-23 team in 2010. Might be a decent pickup for low money.

He showed good promise with Portland before being shipped to the dumpster fire that was Chivas. I'm surprised no one has picked him up yet.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Good pick up. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt that Chivas sucked the life out of him and Portland weather got to him.  Maybe a change of scenery and back home will do him good. 

A CB pairing of AJB (~90K) and perhaps Carols Valdes ($ 300K rumored to be on the way out of Philly) would suit me just fine.  Sign back ups of Jeff Parke (at much lower salary from his $300K if he still wants to play with medical history) and/or Heath Pearce (yeah I said it and he is out of a job) on the cheap and that would be good center corps. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

AJ-B would be a great get.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

http://nypost.com/20...-jean-baptiste/

With the Red Bulls in need of defensive help, youth and cost-effective players, they’re hoping Andrew Jean-Baptiste checks off all three boxes.

According to a source close to the player, the Brooklyn-born Brentwood High School grad is on the verge of a homecoming deal with the Red Bulls. The 22-year-old former UConn centerback had an up-and-down season with Chivas USA last year, but has potential, athleticism and would be a savvy pickup

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Definitely a good pickup! Hopefully they can get someone better to pair him with than the 2nd division French guy.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Gotta love the age, experience, and athleticism.  Hopefully he develops further.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
First absurdly outrageous claim - AJB and MM could be starting CB pair for the next decade.
So that's about 6 more coaches 😛

legends119

legends119

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Everton

conservitive number... i say 10 lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users