Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Supports:Metro

http://www.uslsoccer...66?referrer_id=

Hassan Ndam named at #13 on the USL 20 under 20.  Of course he was 18 two years in a row so...

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Frog

Frog

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

1-0 victory at home Friday night against a very mediocre Toronto FC 2 side.  Not a great offensive showing, but better than some of the previous games, and the defense was not tested much.  Noah Powder at left back looked quality.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Lost 2-1 vs. Louisville tonight. Stefano Bonomo with the goal. Haven't watched to evaluate yet.
No Bezecourt in the 18. Wouldn't be surprised if he was moving to the first team and dealing with paperwork. No Metzger, Basuljevic and Etienne either - all with first team tonight.

Speedy Williams didn't see time for Louisville.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts
Win over Rochester 2-1. Arun Basuljevic with his first pro goal and Bonomo with the other.
8 wins, 11 loses and 3 draws on the season.

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,912 posts

Just watched a replay of the Saturday game vs. Charleston.  Don't know if this was the first game that RB2 moved towards the 5 man back line but I'm happy to see it. In general it's nice to watch the team again because we aren't messing around with guys at CB like Bilyeu and Abidor.  They just aren't good.  The formation also has helped this team too.

Here was the lineup:

------------Bonomo----------

---Tinari---Valot---Duka

Najem-----Metzger---Kutler

--Ndam--Scarlett--Escobar

The first goal against was probably Escobar's fault with positioning but I really like what I seen from him.  He's fearless and strong.  Could tell he's not playing 100% confidently yet.

Scarlett was hard to get a read on because Charleston didn't really have the ball much so it stunk not being able to see Escobar and Scarlett getting stuck on an island and really needing to recover.  That's a huge measure of being a good MLS defender.   That said, there are some things to like about Scarlett. Seemed comfortable and natural back there.

Duka was OK. Some good and some not so good.  I think with him is that he has to be playing at a 100 miles per hour.  Sometimes he gets too passive and that sucks.  It looks like he naturally wants to play passive and then make some nice offensive plays.  Problem is that he's not great enough offensively to offer nothing defensively.

Where this game changed was when Zeiko and Flemmings came in.  Every time I watch Flemmings I'm impressed.  He seems bigger this year so now he's legitimately strong on the ball and in the air.  He also forces the issue and really gets after it.  Zeiko the same.  Zeiko plays fast and that's great.  One thing Zeiko has to improve is making a great play, and then having some hiccup that screws up the opportunity.  He's liable to beat a guy 1v1, fly by another, and then accidentally step on the ball.  

Metzger I see a spot starter at most as a 6 in MLS.  Athletically limited and not overwhelmingly good enough with anticipating to make up for it.  Good steady player for the 2's though.

Ndam has everything, just needs seasoning.  Keep getting him games.  

Don't see Valot being a significant player in MLS either.

Bonomo got the goal but was just pretty good.  Would have liked to have seen Martinez start.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

vs our pals Cincy. Bonomo with a PK so far.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Ndam!

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Ndam!

Helluva free kick inswinger by Zeiko!

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

Should have let the USL team play in the Open Cup...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts
Final 4-0. Ndam had a goal then got two yellows in a couple minutes span in the second half.

Flemmings scored two back to back goals to add to Bonomo and Ndam's first half goals.

@CurseofCaricola

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users