1525 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,227 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Ouch. Did they trot out a completely backup squad though?

Not sure, but their star goalie played.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR

Hildebrandt (gk), the back three (delbridge, de wit and berry), walker and bone all started the game vs Miami and also started tonight, so they had a lot of their A-squad out there tonight. 

So this obviously means that they'll win on tuesday.  

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Supports:Metro
It's almost as if their minds were on another game coming up...

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts
There is never an excuse for getting trashed like that.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Not sure, but their star goalie played.

They put out their first XI but let in 4 goals after one of the defenders got a red card.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
I will say Cincy is not a team that can recover easily from going down a goal. If we score first we should win.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Metro should come to play them off fuckin field. Make it uncomfortable for the home fans to watch. 4-0 by halftime and a warning shot to KC. Say hello to the bad guys.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

I will say Cincy is not a team that can recover easily from going down a goal. If we score first we should win.

This and their top scorer is out for USOC
We should high press them into oblivion the first 10-15 minutes

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,748 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

and that's all this will be about, how deep they park that bus and can they pass out of the back/hoof it fwd to break the press, which could in turn fuck us up. 

we "SHOULD" handle our business, but i've attended losses to lower div teams in USOC play: Staten Island Vipers, Harrisburg twice, Crystal Palace Baltimore

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Yeah, as said above the idea should be able to suffocate them with our press.  They will try to counter which is fine.  Hopefully we can keep them to 2 or 3 half chances and nothing goes in.

Really curious what we go with as our starting lineup.  The 3 defenders is the biggest question.  I think Long and DP are locks, just don't know on the 3rd.  Murillo has ability, but his positioning is just off sometimes.  His best position in this formation is outside but Tyler is playing there and doing so well.  Really hope he doesn't go Zizzo. Hoping Collin but don't know for sure considering that he's just coming back and this game will be on a garbage field.

------------BWP----------

--Muyl---Sacha--Davis

Taxi------Felipe-------Adams

---Murillo--Long--DP

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,748 posts

Howza bout:

--Muyl---Sacha--Davis

Adams------Felipe-------Murillo

---Taxi--Long--DP

Meara

?

"Metro..."

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Howza bout:

--Muyl---Sacha--Davis

Adams------Felipe-------Murillo

---Taxi--Long--DP

Meara

?

This would be all five of our international spots, so no Veron or Royer (if he's ready) on the bench.  Maybe play Murillo as CB instead of DP and play Zizzo or Lade at wingback.  Or Murillo at CB and Etienne in an attacking role with Muyl as a wingback.  The latter would be my preference, as I think CInci is going to sit back and Muyl can't generate any offense unless it's off the press.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,748 posts

Ugh, how could i forget that part. My B. 

"Metro..."

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

This would be all five of our international spots, so no Veron or Royer (if he's ready) on the bench.  Maybe play Murillo as CB instead of DP and play Zizzo or Lade at wingback.  Or Murillo at CB and Etienne in an attacking role with Muyl as a wingback.  The latter would be my preference, as I think CInci is going to sit back and Muyl can't generate any offense unless it's off the press.

I thought BWP and Felipe both had green cards? Only count Murillo/DP/Taxi as internationals in that lineup. Veron and Etienne on the bench. 

Though I definitely would prefer a lineup with Murillo starting over DP and Lade at WB. No Zizzo, please.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I thought BWP and Felipe both had green cards? Only count Murillo/DP/Taxi as internationals in that lineup. Veron and Etienne on the bench. 

Though I definitely would prefer a lineup with Murillo starting over DP and Lade at WB. No Zizzo, please.

Maybe they do. That would make everything easier.

Zizzo had a bad game against David fuckin Villa. He in no way should be a regular starter, but I think he's ok to give spots start to. If Lade can go though, he should be ahead of Zizzo on any depth chart.

We're facing a USL opponent. Just about every player on Red Bull should be better than every player on Cinci. This is going to come down to how well we handle the environment and effort. If those two are there, and we don't get terribly unlucky, we win. I'm fine with playing anyone on our roster that will go all out for a full 90 mins.

Etienne, Adams, Long, & Meara were on a team last year that destroyed clubs like Cinci on a weekly basis.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users