164 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo

It would be nice to rebound and get back on track. That was a painful loss, but we shouldn't feel too dejected. There were some sloppy defensive plays, but I think the loss can be summarized by a few shitty bounces, Villa, and a disgraceful pitch. I think it's fair to say we were the better team out there. Take care of business here back home against a fringe playoff team. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Royer x-rays negative.

But what about the MRI?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

Huge three games coming up in seven days. Big calls for Jesse on who plays in which matches, he needs to picking the lineups with the thoughts on the other matches too.

Hopefully Royer can get back for the Semi but this match he should rest. Big calls on when to rest BWP, SK16, and Felipe, I don't think they can start all three.

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Huge three games coming up in seven days. Big calls for Jesse on who plays in which matches, he needs to picking the lineups with the thoughts on the other matches too.

Hopefully Royer can get back for the Semi but this match he should rest. Big calls on when to rest BWP, SK16, and Felipe, I don't think they can start all three.

I wouldn't count on Royer for anything until we hear MRI results, unless I totally missed them.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,733 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It's either Muyl or Etienne. I gave it to Haitian Messi since it'll most likely be Muyl in actuality. 

----------------------BWP---------------------

-Etienne----------Sacha------------Davis-

-Taxi---------------Felipe----------Adams-

-Long------------Escobar----------Murillo-

---------------------Robles--------------------

Meara / Perrinelle Ndam Lade / Keita Muyl Metzger / Veron 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Marsch should try Lawrence at CB if Collin doesn't come back soon.. I can't believe Marsch likes to gamble with Zizzo at CB when he doesn't have to. At least he's out for this game and we know Muyl can do wing back. Why fuck with something that worked? Playing Zizzo and not getting burned is pretty much playing with house money; you're luck will run out. CANNOT imagine a Zizzo at CB in the playoffs. Toronto will just smoke his ass.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Marsch should try Lawrence at CB if Collin doesn't come back soon.. I can't believe Marsch likes to gamble with Zizzo at CB when he doesn't have to. At least he's out for this game and we know Muyl can do wing back. Why fuck with something that worked? Playing Zizzo and not getting burned is pretty much playing with house money; you're luck will run out. CANNOT imagine a Zizzo at CB in the playoffs. Toronto will just smoke his ass.

I think it may have been something as simple as Marsch not wanting to change much.  We've been dominating teams and we were already putting Taxi in the lineup. Thinking he wanted to keep things as close to the same as possible outside of Taxi.  Not to mention Zizzo has been decent lately too.  He's just too liable to throw in that clunker for me to constantly put him out there.

But totally agree.  We would have been better off with Taxi in Zizzo's spot and Muyl on the outside.  I would have actually preferred that instead of Murillo.  I don't like Murillo defensively enough yet to play him as a CB in this system.   I think he's fine as a RB in a 4 man back line and I like him as the RWB in this formation, but not crazy at all about CB.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Agree going forward this. Sal was fine for a few games and threw up a clunker.
Definitely not for the playoffs.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I don't think Lawrence is really a viable option at CB either though. He's been a huge contributor to the offense at LB. I think the small field really hurt us yesterday with that formation. To be honest I think it may make more sense to go back to a back 4 again... (KL- Long-Collin-Murillo). Especially when we are so weak at CB.

Zizzo can ONLY play wide midfield, and should only be a sub IMO

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Taxi was arguably our best player before the gold cup. I realize that our choices at CB are thin, but there's really no need to play Taxi there. Marsch is choosing to play Zizzo out of position, and that's on him.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

New York Red Bulls midfielder Daniel Royer underwent an MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery on Monday after leaving Sunday’s match against New York City FC with injury.

The MRI revealed a hyperextension of the right knee, which resulted in bone bruising.

Royer’s status is week-to-week.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Well that's good to hear at least

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

New York Red Bulls midfielder Daniel Royer underwent an MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery on Monday after leaving Sundays match against New York City FC with injury.
The MRI revealed a hyperextension of the right knee, which resulted in bone bruising.
Royers status is week-to-week.

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF. hopefully back in Sept and starting to round into form for USOC final if we make it and then stretch MLS season run

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

I am very, very surprised Royer is okay, all things considered. I didn't think we'd see him again until next season. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,733 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

the way he was yelling and the field mic picked it up? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users