• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
Got it done but should do so over a weakened Orlando. Myul good positions need better finishing . Davis what a shot. Good to see Collin and Lade back. Good crowd maybe 20k actually in seats. Great ending for the fireworks. Glad to see every seat filled for Kaka - you know how having a World Cup winner and one of best players in a generation daws them in...................

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

3 points = 3 points moving on. 

Side note: I think chances any of the four mid-season signings see even 1 combined minute this season is about 50%.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

God Aaron Long running down Rivas and shutting him down then holding his arms up Gladiator style was so awesome.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Got it done but should do so over a weakened Orlando. Myul good positions need better finishing . Davis what a shot.Good to see Collin and Lade back.Good crowd maybe 20k actually in seats. Great ending for the fireworks.Glad to see every seat filled for Kaka - you know how having a World Cup winner and one of best players in a generation daws them in...................

I mean it's not like we had the biggest crowd of the season despite the threat of thunderstorms or anything.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
Lol
Fireworks > Kaka

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The Davis goal reminded me almost frame for frame of the Jermaine Jones goal v Portugal. 

- On second watch, Jone's was a bit better from further out. Still a sweet strike. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Would've been sweet if that BWP bike went in. I know retired numbers aren't really a thing in soccer, but I'd make an exception for him in a heart beat.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

2nd soft goal let in by Robles in two weeks. Straight at him like Villa's last week. 

It was painful watching Muyl miss 2 clear cut chances in 5-10 minutes. Lucky he was able to come up with an assist shortly after the second miss. Guessing he would've been benched shortly thereafter otherwise.

Sean's goal was textbook. Looking forward to seeing in on the highlights video.

Good to see Collin on the field. Guess that means he starts on Tuesday?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Has there ever been anything as ridiculous in an MLS match as the Kaka sending off? I've been following MLS literally since the day it started and I've seen bizarre stuff but I can't think of anything that tops this.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Blazen Inferno

Blazen Inferno

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Kaka's decision to grab Collin was just dumb. If you go by the letter of the law its still a red card. You think someone who has been playing as long as him would know that. Its not a joke.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Would've been sweet if that BWP bike went in. I know retired numbers aren't really a thing in soccer, but I'd make an exception for him in a heart beat.

Agreed. Remember when Nick Sakiewicz said we would hold #18 for Tim Howard? Then a few months later Zach Wells was wearing it.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Has there ever been anything as ridiculous in an MLS match as the Kaka sending off? I've been following MLS literally since the day it started and I've seen bizarre stuff but I can't think of anything that tops this.

It even looked like Colin tried to bail him out after the fact and the referee wasn't having it.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Kaka's decision to grab Collin was just dumb. If you go by the letter of the law its still a red card. You think someone who has been playing as long as him would know that. Its not a joke.

This.  I have no problem at all with that card.  Even Long who was right there had a problem with what Kaka did, until he seen Collin's reaction.  That shouldn't be up to the ref to determine who are friends and who aren't. THat sets a dangerous precedent because all you are doing is involving more judgement by officials and the goal should be to remove judgement by officials. 

There were a good number of performances.  I still believe that Felipe is doing a hell of a job in this formation.  With his passing and his positioning, it's really fantastic.

Murillo is odd.  I still don't like his positioning at all when he's one of the 3 in the back, but he's got great recovery speed, he's GREAT in the air which is nice to have someone extra offensively.

Very nice to have Davis starting because he fits the position perfectly.

Sacha has nothing left athletically but he's still great with his passing and movement within the field.  

Good to see Collin back on.  Need to get him involved and rolling.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
Did #7 put his hands on Sacha's throat, or am I taking crazy pills?

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Given how poor Orlando has been with Kaka in the lineup this season, I wonder if they even appeal the card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users