Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Just saw this:

UPDATE (Feb. 3, 11:14 am ET): A new report from Bild claims Bobby Wood turned down an offer, reportedly less than 1 million euros, from FC Cincinnati. The outlet reports his agent is shopping the forward to other MLS squads.

Transfer market has him listed a little higher than $1 million. Cant get minutes cause his team brought in a guy from Bayer Leverkusen.

Hes a proven goal scorer in Germany. 27 years old. Workhorse. No major injury history that I can recall. Go get him.

No major injury history? He has missed games in each of the last 3 seasons with knee issues, and his massive decline in production has been pretty strongly linked with his inability to train and play regularly because of his knees. Dude's always struggling for fitness.

Also big doubt on "proven goal scorer." He was very good in 2015-16 with 17 goals in the second division. Since then, he has 5, 2, 3, and 0 goals in league play.

If he can be gotten for like, a TAM salary, sure, but I wouldn't expect anything more than 20 games and 7 goals.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

What is going on with Bobby wood these days? Last I checked he was not subject to the allocation rules.

Id take him in a heartbeat. Now that Cincinnati is out, hes ripe for the taking.

Good player. Very hard worker. Fast. Can finish. I think hes be perfect for us.

I watched him with my own eyes in the Bundesliga and with the Nats.......I dont need to go by a webpage. He can flat out play. He was stuck on some really horrible teams that had absolutely no offense. He was lucky to get one opportunity a game because he team literally never had the ball.

If he landed with a good team in MLS, hed be perfect. IMO

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No major injury history? He has missed games in each of the last 3 seasons with knee issues, and his massive decline in production has been pretty strongly linked with his inability to train and play regularly because of his knees. Dude's always struggling for fitness.

Also big doubt on "proven goal scorer." He was very good in 2015-16 with 17 goals in the second division. Since then, he has 5, 2, 3, and 0 goals in league play.

If he can be gotten for like, a TAM salary, sure, but I wouldn't expect anything more than 20 games and 7 goals.

https://www.transfer...n/spieler/72519

Knee:
2016 / 2017 1 game
2017 / 2018 4 games
2018 / 2019 8 games

Fitness:
2018 / 2019 2 games

I dont see any news on his knee or fitness for this current season. Right now its reported he is out of favor because they brought in a new striker.

Red Bull has deep pockets and we have tons of cap space. This guy is in his prime and while there is some risk involved its a low risk high reward situation. This is exactly the kind of risk Red Bull should be taking if they arent gonna sign more Kakus.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Knee:
2016 / 2017 1 game
2017 / 2018 4 games
2018 / 2019 8 games

Fitness:
2018 / 2019 2 games

I dont see any news on his knee or fitness for this current season. Right now its reported he is out of favor because they brought in a new striker.

Red Bull has deep pockets and we have tons of cap space. This guy is in his prime and while there is some risk involved its a low risk high reward situation. This is exactly the kind of risk Red Bull should be taking if they arent gonna sign more Kakus.

Wed need Milo to check him out first and make sure he wont have any injuries...

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Knee:
2016 / 2017 1 game
2017 / 2018 4 games
2018 / 2019 8 games

Fitness:
2018 / 2019 2 games

His knees were so fucked in the early 2010s that he almost quit the sport, and he missed 6 weeks with a knee injury in 2015, to add to your list. If you're missing time every single year with knee issues, there's going to be a knock-on effect.

But like I said, the issue is that his knees are in such bad shape that he can't train regularly. That means he's never fit, which means he can't start regularly, nor play 90 minutes.

There's a reason he's out of favor at Hamburg and that they brought in a new striker - he isn't reliable.

So, if the team brings him in with clear eyes and realistic expectations, sure, that's fine. I don't think he's ever going to be a game-changer at any level for the rest of his career though because his body isn't up for it.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Wed need Milo to check him out first and make sure he wont have any injuries...

That was funny.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

His knees were so fucked in the early 2010s that he almost quit the sport, and he missed 6 weeks with a knee injury in 2015, to add to your list. If you're missing time every single year with knee issues, there's going to be a knock-on effect.

But like I said, the issue is that his knees are in such bad shape that he can't train regularly. That means he's never fit, which means he can't start regularly, nor play 90 minutes.

There's a reason he's out of favor at Hamburg and that they brought in a new striker - he isn't reliable.

So, if the team brings him in with clear eyes and realistic expectations, sure, that's fine. I don't think he's ever going to be a game-changer at any level for the rest of his career though because his body isn't up for it.

He looked great for the U.S. just a few years ago. If its really that bad then its a hard pass for me. Where are you getting this information?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,403 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Bobby Wood ... Go get him.

He would certainly improve the diversity thread.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

He looked great for the U.S. just a few years ago. If its really that bad then its a hard pass for me. Where are you getting this information?

From following his time in Europe pretty closely for the last 10 years. Check his thread on BigSoccer Yanks Abroad.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts
Okay Milo and the other Mexian fans..........where is Jurgen Dam landing?

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,824 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Okay Milo and the other Mexian fans..........where is Jurgen Dam landing?

Hopefully Europe, because he CAN be a good player... But his stock has plummeted in recent years....

Heard MLS teams are after him...Hopefully he goes out west. His speed is undeniable. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Hopefully Europe, because he CAN be a good player... But his stock has plummeted in recent years....

Heard MLS teams are after him...Hopefully he goes out west. His speed is undeniable. 

I had heard that he signed with MLS for this upcoming summer but didnt know where he was going to land.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Does Damm speak English? I would guess so, given his background. If so, he's a no brainer for an ambitious MLS club.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Does Damm speak English? I would guess so, given his background. If so, he's a no brainer for an ambitious MLS club.

This is from 2017, and it seems pretty good.

https://mobile.twitt...9656451?lang=en

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

From following his time in Europe pretty closely for the last 10 years. Check his thread on BigSoccer Yanks Abroad.

No concrete reports on his knee but the fact that his last really good stretch involved a giant bottle of pain pills scares the crap out of me. So I stand corrected. Unless we can get him cheap (doesnt look like it) then PASS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users