#31 L.A. Brigade

L.A. Brigade

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Boca Jrs, Man City, Celtic

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

Brigade, not sure what you mean by "insider" trading, but to your other comment... because of Necaxa's relegation last season, Televisa is now down to two teams (Club America + San Luis).

By "insider" I mean like what you just referenced about Televisa owning/managing club sud-america and st. louis. Since, they own both, is a transfer between these clubs exempt from the gentlemans agreement and therefore in a sense just an in-house transfer? :blink:

#32 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

It's happened a number of times but I believe the instance you're citing was Atlante and not Veracruz in 2001, but I really can't remember. I hate when they pull those stunts. Puebla and Leon pulled similar stunts at different points (sadly, both teams couldn't escape relegation a 2nd time and Leon has now been in the 2nd division for a while).

And damn does Cruz Azul look weak in this game. The people are starting to sing 'Ole' for Jaguares and boo the Cruz Azul players whenever they touch the ball. I wonder if they'll challenge the fans to come down and fight.

EDIT: Brigade, I'm not really sure. Since Alejandro Burillo's group was split up it's now just Televisa with multiple teams. I don't know if the Gentleman's Agreement applies to them, though I suspect it may not as Televisa moves players freely between one team and another.

In all three sides (San Luis, Necaxa, America) it's likely that you'll find players who have also played on at least one of the other two teams.

#33 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

LULZ. Ruiz hurt his hand about 30 minutes in. I don't think he's been subbed out yet, but it seems it's bound to happen.

#34 GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy. Club America. Inter

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

the only FMF team that matters:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and vamos panzas verdes por la promocion!!!!

Posted Image

#35 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

Well that shut me up. Fish scored off a pk. Tigres evened out with Puebla in the end though. 1-1.

Meanwhile, Atlas is knocking the Champions (UNAM) off their horse with a 1-0 lead at the half and Indios vs. Monterrey put the stadium to sleep. 0-0.

#36 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

Well that shut me up. Fish scored off a pk.

Dude honestly I wish him well. I am glad he is not in the MLS, but, I hope he finishes his career well.

#37 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Ahhh... nothing like football before... well... more football.

Toluca is playing versus Chivas Guadalajara right now. Chivas is up at the moment but that looks to change.

Toluca has been one of the best teams in Mexico in the past 10 years. Along with Pachuca, they've combined for approximately half of the league titles in that period (probably well over half of the league finals in that period have featured one of these two teams). They're just a football machine.

And as I type this Toluca pulls even. 1-1.

#38 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Post some information on how much players in the MFL get paid. Is anyone making the equivalent of 30k a year on a top flight team?

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#39 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

Post some information on how much players in the MFL get paid. Is anyone making the equivalent of 30k a year on a top flight team?

Not so long ago I read that:

The top 5-6 players of a FMF team make $1mill-$1.5 mill*, the superstars are higher. The salary cap is about $7-$10 million* per team.

This could have changed drastically I would have to wait for the LARS Resident Paisa [Cassi Gohd] to confirm this.

* Converted from Pesos.

#40 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

There's no salary cap. I believe there's a chart on the highest paid in the DP v2.0 thread, I'll look for it later.

I do not believe $$$ information is readily available. It's only published with big transfers, and that's only sometime.

I'll try to dig in more information later, but I doubt I can give you a clear picture of what everybody on a team is making.

#41 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

Saw some high lites and had two questions Isaac.

How is the officiating over there? It can't be worse then MLS but I noticed the Chivas game had three players and a coach sent off.

Also are there any good creative attack minded MF that would work here in the MLS?

#42 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Saw some high lites and had two questions Isaac.

How is the officiating over there? It can't be worse then MLS but I noticed the Chivas game had three players and a coach sent off.

Also are there any good creative attack minded MF that would work here in the MLS?

The refereeing is generally good. I believe better than most people in Mexico give credit for. The only real "flaw" that FMF has in terms of officiating is that they use a lot of new refs each season. I guess that helps give Mexico a deeper pool, but it makes a lot of teams uneasy. Especially when teams think too highly of themselves and expect to get an experienced official for EVERY game.

I know the FMF is trying to crack down on overinvolvement from refs, so I'm sure the guy who pulled the four ejections will get a talking to for being a little too trigger happy.

As far as good creative attack minded midfielders. Sure, there's plenty. The majority of them are from South America, but there's a couple of Mexican players who fit the bill. I've always though FMF could benefit from American defenders and MLS could benefit from Mexican attack players. If you want specifics, the list starts with Gimenez, Zinha, and Lucas Lobos I think.

#43 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

So Pachuca made some "minor" upgrades to their Club House

EDIT: And by 'minor' I mean... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! REST OF CONCACAF, ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING TRYING? USA, ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO CONTINUE CALLING YOURSELVES 'MAJOR' LEAGUE SOCCER WHILE YOU GET FUCKING SCHOOLED BY THE CAPITTAL OF THE POOREST STATE IN MEXICO????

#44 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

FMF makes a good decision, in my book.

Last Friday I said that I didn't believe either PK during the Pachuca, Estudiantes game was legitimate. Estudiantes' PK was questionable, but Pachuca's was downright non-existent. The FemexFut agreed.

Christian "Chaco" Gimenez has received a one game suspension for anti-Fair Play conduct when he simulated contact and drew a pk that lead to Pachuca's victory. Personally, I don't like having to play the next one without Chaco, but I hope it teaches him a lesson. He's a quality player and really no reason to be diving in the box when he can play the way he does.

In any case, good move from FMF in implementing these video reviews after matches.

#45 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

=Week 2=

Pachuca starts things off on the right foot with a 3-1 victory at home over newcomer Queretaro fresh from the 2nd division.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users