51 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

This window will show how serious we are about winning MLS Cup. It's obvious we need a striker. Will we get one.....

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

He doesn't need to be sitting at a desk in Harrison to do his job. If we don't get quality players in the summer window, the issue won't be the time his visa took to process.

to be completely honest, I dont think he can get paid or officially sign off stuff until his Visa gets approved. Although I would love for him to be working the phones, I doubt he will do anything until that paperwork is sealed and delivered

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

to be completely honest, I dont think he can get paid or officially sign off stuff until his Visa gets approved. Although I would love for him to be working the phones, I doubt he will do anything until that paperwork is sealed and delivered

There's plenty he can do without acting in an official capacity.   He should have an active list of prospects Ham Sandwich or someone else in RB Global can approach.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

this is not burger king where you get paid hourly. There is plenty of unofficial ways to  work which I am sure he is as he probably realizes he will be judged on this window unless he wants this as a mulligan

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Officially, no. He shouldn't be contacting prospective players/agents or even have any communication to RB staff in writing/email, but it's naive to think he's not had in-person or phone conversations about anything with anyone at RB.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

this is not burger king where you get paid hourly. There is plenty of unofficial ways to  work which I am sure he is as he probably realizes he will be judged on this window unless he wants this as a mulligan

It's actually a great excuse and he won't be judged on it. Definitely wouldn't be fired for anything that happens in the second half of the season.

Mid-season staff change + summer signings rarely having big impact in MLS (especially at RB, when signed in August with no time to train, be in RB shape & adapt to the mythical system).

"Recent signings need a full preseason and we'll be better next season. Will be like a new signing in the spring." - we all know the upcoming quotes and excuses after a playoff exit.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Whats keeping Red Bull from hiring him temporarily in Europe? An easy work-around til the visa clears here.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Whats keeping Red Bull from hiring him temporarily in Europe? An easy work-around til the visa clears here.

rbny could get into trouble if his work can be linked to the club.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

There's plenty he can do without acting in an official capacity.   He should have an active list of prospects Ham Sandwich or someone else in RB Global can approach.   

He can but he will be taking on the risk of not getting paid if something wrong happens during the visa process. i would not be surprised if the visa issue is used as to why we do not land a striker. 

there are a few free agent strikers that would be an upgrade to what we currently have. i would take a swing at them.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

It's actually a great excuse and he won't be judged on it. Definitely wouldn't be fired for anything that happens in the second half of the season.

Mid-season staff change + summer signings rarely having big impact in MLS (especially at RB, when signed in August with no time to train, be in RB shape & adapt to the mythical system).

"Recent signings need a full preseason and we'll be better next season. Will be like a new signing in the spring." - we all know the upcoming quotes and excuses after a playoff exit.

This is always a frustration, but Struber has me believing a little that he may be pat that. Luq came in flying and even Fletcher get his first minutes pretty quick. I know those guys came in from mid season of their previous clubs, but still gives me some hope.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

He can but he will be taking on the risk of not getting paid if something wrong happens during the visa process. i would not be surprised if the visa issue is used as to why we do not land a striker. 

there are a few free agent strikers that would be an upgrade to what we currently have. i would take a swing at them.

This is true but having some informally onboarding conversations would not be stopped.

I think Struber himself probably has people in mind and his own contacts.  

either way I think they try to get a striker.  fingers crossed Luq has a taller brother. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

rbny could get into trouble if his work can be linked to the club.

Why would it be any different than any employee of a global corp doing business related to business units outside of their local geography?    I negotiate deals for overseas business units all the time.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Why would it be any different than any employee of a global corp doing business related to business units outside of their local geography?    I negotiate deals for overseas business units all the time.

that is true but I have seen/heard of people getting in trouble for doing work before visas - tax tax tax implications. depends how conservative the company is. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

hopefully he learned what not to do from experience at Schalke

Hopefully he learned something.... Massive Shake-Up At Schalke As Manager, Sporting Staff Fired (the18.com) .... 

I'm worried this is RB giving someone a landing spot. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

if that was the case, then why is he applying for a work visa in USA. He could have just started working directly in Europe under the other red bull umbrellas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users