Photo

Section CAPO (CHEER NAZI)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Section CAPO (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Section CAPO

1. Yes - We need better coordination (41 votes [77.36%])

Percentage of vote: 77.36%

2. No - Things are just fine as they are (12 votes [22.64%])

Percentage of vote: 22.64%

Vote

#31 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

This is the way to go. The squad is way too big now for any one man to run it. You need at least 2 CAPOs one in each section or even in the aisle between the two. Without it, you will have madness. It's a must when you reach a certain number of people.
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#32 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

i agree with gunslinger on splitting up "capos" into front & back of each section. plus also agree with prnrngr about tommy being one of them. yes he's on drums so he needs to get freed up from that or he can just stay in the middle and help in the mid-section. what i suggest is that there be alternating "capos" because afterall we are all there to watch the galaxy. so in fairness alternating matches gives everyone "capo" time and time to be a fan and watch the game. kinda like booth volunteers. not everyone does it cause they want to spend time in lot 13. also, i volunteer to help on drums if need be periodically.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#33 josh24601

josh24601

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

also, i volunteer to help on drums if need be periodically.

I'd never do it as a full time gig but always thought it would be fun to do now and then. I can't imagine it is insanely difficult, just strenuous.

#34 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

I'd never do it as a full time gig but always thought it would be fun to do now and then. I can't imagine it is insanely difficult, just strenuous.

I filled in one time on drums and I recommend bringing gloves, unless you want dime-size blisters on your hands. I'm sure Frank will concur with this also.

I wouldn't mind lending my drunken drumming skills if need be or if called upon....

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#35 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:09 PM

other guys i see starting chants is the dynamic duo of el dude and whos that guy. ive also seen them on the drums. not volunteering them but, thought i they would be good candidates.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#36 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

I know TM has been asking/begging for a while now for more/new drummers, I wouldn't be surprised if all of these people willing to swap in now and then wouldn't be a big help.

Especially if there's the CAPOFUHRER actually leading the chants, backing them up with the drums will be a lot simpler than trying to drum and lead.

#37 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:58 PM

when i visited HDC decades ago, i remember that when the squad would get quiet someone would just start a new chant. SIDIO, Dan, Eddie, Tommy, or even my drunk ass would just scream the first few verses out loud and the rest of the gang would follow.

the Capo might be there screaming his/her lungs out, but if people dont follow, their job will be pointless. i guess what i am trying to say is that it worked before because people would follow. we were a few, but we were growing up together. the songs were easy and few. nowadays, i see on tv that it is a lot of you ladies. in a way, it is growing pains. when someone begins to sing, the rest should follow. it will take time because nowadays, there is more than 50, but if it worked in my day, i am pretty sure it still will. if one sings and ten follow, i am sure that 10 more will second that.

i guess in 1950 when LARS started, everyone was a CAPO. 58 years later, all 300+ can still be CAPOS. but there also need to be some sheep that can follow.

#38 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

i guess in 1950 when LARS started, everyone was a CAPO. 58 years later, all 300+ can still be CAPOS. but there also need to be some sheep that can follow.

yeah we didn't have so many god damn posers in the back thinking they'd be cool to hang out in section 13X.

people this is really fucking easy. my name was thrown out precisely for the same logic posted above. when the group gets quiet, YOU FUCKING START A GAWD DAMN CHANT. OH YEAH AND NOT THE SAME ONE YOU JUST DID 20 FUCKING TIMES.

Is that too fucking difficult? Do we need a section monitor to accomplish that? I'm thinking if we do, maybe y'all aren't as smart as I give credit.

Oh yeah and before I forget, you follow through on your fucking chant. Don't bitch out cause some asshole is bangin on a drum. Don't back down cause someone gave you a dirty look. It's at that point you take that bitch by the balls and make her yours. Marc and I have done this for years. Most of the time our cheers are the ones continued. And it's not cause we are funny, stronger, drunker, or have a fucking drum. It's merely because when I start a cheer I EXPECT YOU TO HELP! And when you start a cheer, I'm gonna be there for you and that's what we are about here. after all, this isn't fucking church, i don't have to worry about being a gay faggot in front of the other parishioners.

Take your Capo, take your gruppenfucker, or you cheer nazi and shove it in your ass!

Buy a ticket, show up, have fun, repeat!

Don't be a dick.
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#39 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

I vote for bellend. Or was it bellwether?

#40 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

I vote for bellend. Or was it bellwether?

Payoff comes at the end.

#41 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:06 AM

El dude, aren't you in another thread telling people to "chill out"?
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#42 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:44 AM

July 4th is next. Both 138 and 137 will be COMPLETELY overfilled. In my heart, I long for the days when random people could start a chant that we'd all hear and join in if we liked it, or not if we didn't.

That is not an option for this particular game. The massiveness dictates it's not possible. Blame physics of sound and psychology of crowds.

We are going to have a gruppenfuhrer at the bottom of the aisle between 138 and 137 with a BIGGER FUCKING MEGAPHONE. This person will also have subgruppenfuhrers and at least one "head nukka" that will assist in the suggestions of what to start and when, and also the gathering of the masses.

This person is doomed to fail on this first attempt and will be subject to much ridicule.

You already knew this, but I'll be the experiment.

Christian is more than capable of leading the drums, and we have many people to join him in the Bomb Squad so I will not be missed there. Look, I can do this, and I'll take the complete and utter blame if it crashes and burns.

As I see it, I'll be in constant eye contact with Loney, Jamesey, Tucker, Gunner, and a few others of the "make shit up as the game needs" crowd. I will FOLLOW what the squad does, and then help guide ALL of 137 and 138... including the TOP ROWS to hear what we are doing. On the easier chants, I'll try to get 136 and 139 in... as well as the 200 deck.

THIS IS WHAT SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM IS ABOUT.... the LARS way.

There are many great comments/suggestions on this thread that we need to work through. And believe me, I don't want to do this for the next home game after this... it'll be someone else's gig. But we need to do this. At this game. And we need to be together.

It's time for us all to step up.

Tommy Mack
LA Riot Squad

#43 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

You'll kick ass Tommy, and as a result WE will kick some serious ass.

I'm pumped!

PS I suggest the Reverend attend.

#44 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:59 AM

Per always T-mack, let me know what you need me to do
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#45 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

PS I suggest the Reverend attend.

Even I would admit that would be slightly over-the-top. Instead, I'll just be decked out in the finest LARS apparel that's for sale before every game (and will be sold at Vic Park earlier in the day).

tm
lars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users