Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

Get yer fanboy nerd on here, and go ahead and include spoilers

#2 Shanachie

Shanachie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping, reading, writing, biking, my dog, movies, Irish Bands, Renaissance Faire, listening to myself talk.....
  • Supports:Gs Lakers Red Socks Colts Celtic

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

who would have thought Two Face would make such a quick exit?????

EDIT: Nemo thinks he isn't dead

#3 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

Heath Ledger was insane. Too bad he's dead.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#4 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

Ledger wasn't supposed to die. He robbed us of a third movie. I am so thoroughly excited about this film. ::drools::

Heartbreaking, to me, to see the similarities between the absolute chaos of a fantasy world and the realities of Mexico City. </3

#5 wonderman

wonderman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:your mom
  • Supports:galaxy

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:53 AM

maggie gyllanhall is the ugliest most goddawful excuse for a leading woman ever.

other than that I loved the movie.

#6 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

Wow, that was a lot to digest, especially when combined with the Chipotle burrito I had afterwards.

Quick take: very transgressive, in both it's narrative structure and characterizations. Combined with the first film, they are the smartest and most thoughtful of films addressing our post-9/11 world.

Random thoughts: several thematic parallels with "No Country for Old Men"... I found the obvious Chicago locations distracting - I actually preferred the largely CG Gotham of the previous film... thank God for films that actually try to be about something.

Most distressing moment: the frequent laughter of the audience. Come the Revolution, the camps will be very full.

#7 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

maggie gyllanhall is the ugliest most goddawful excuse for a leading woman ever.

other than that I loved the movie.

QFT

#8 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

Kick. Ass. Need to go back for a second viewing.
How'd you guys like Joker's magic trick towards the beginning? haha..

#9 nemocystem

nemocystem

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Arsenal, LAKERS, 'Skins

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

i know nobody will agree....but for me....

BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!

combined with

BEST PERFORMANCE EVAR!!!

Heath Ledger is insanely good in this film. & they can never do the Joker again, which is blissful & so sad at the same time. Fucking prescription drugs...ARRRRRGGGH!!!

#10 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Quick take: very transgressive, in both it's narrative structure and characterizations. Combined with the first film, they are the smartest and most thoughtful of films addressing our post-9/11 world.

Indeed.

Hollywood has turned to comics in recent years to help digest how we as americans go forward. You can see where they want to go but with all the garbage they put out we've seen just a few gems. As my brother's wife put it, this movie is the 100% opposite of Spiderman. Normally I'm one to shy away from comics. I never saw their value, the way this was done however I start to see why people do like them.
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#11 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

Watching Ledger go nuts, I kept thinking to myself, "What a shame..." Boy was he talented...

I would have rather had Katie Holmes back... Maggie's uuuugggglllyyyy!

MORE TWO-FACE!!!

Is there anything Michael Caine can't do?

SPOILER!!!!

I loved Tiny Lister in the movie... You know? Deebo from Friday? When he threw the detonator out, what an uplifitng moment...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#12 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

My mind has been jumping all day.

The biggest issue is wondering how they will tie this together with "Lost", now that we know that the Mayor of Gotham is also "Richard" from Lost. A whole lotta possibilities there, since it's entirely possible for the character from lost to be the Mayor of Gotham. Somebody work this out for us.

I'd also be interested to know how Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger worked out how to play the Joker. That characterization was, to use an overused word, unique. He's not a Coyote figure, nor the Fool, and I loved the way the writers refused to give us any handles on him with the differing stories of how he came to be.

#13 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Supports:SSFC, USA, Reading, Gonzaga

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

My mind has been jumping all day.

The biggest issue is wondering how they will tie this together with "Lost", now that we know that the Mayor of Gotham is also "Richard" from Lost. A whole lotta possibilities there, since it's entirely possible for the character from lost to be the Mayor of Gotham. Somebody work this out for us.

I would take a cheap shot at Dick Cheney here, but that would be inappropriate (impolitic to be political), and I don't think he could pull it off, anyway.

I'd also be interested to know how Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger worked out how to play the Joker. That characterization was, to use an overused word, unique. He's not a Coyote figure, nor the Fool, and I loved the way the writers refused to give us any handles on him with the differing stories of how he came to be.

Segun el director on NPR's "Fresh Air", he was purposefully random. Chaos is his MO. He follows no rules, not even those of criminals.
The roots of our Soccer Tribe lie deep in our primeval past. ~Desmond Morris

#14 GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy. Club America. Inter

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:25 AM

that's how the joker is in the comic books. joker would tell one origin and then go ahead and tell another later on.

#15 Legion Norge

Legion Norge

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy-USA

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

that's how the joker is in the comic books. joker would tell one origin and then go ahead and tell another later on.

Director Christopher Nolan has mentioned that "The Killing Joke" served as an influence for the version of the Joker that appeared in The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger, who played the Joker, stated in an interview that he was given a copy of "The Killing Joke" as reference for the role.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users