• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Jozy has to score there... Same with Pulisic earlier. We definitely had the better chances throughout the game. 

Don't get the last sub at all but Berhalter will get the team playing well and that means a lot.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Everyone is saying Jozy should have buried that but I am not sure he could have. Memo came out really well to cut off the angle. I think it gets saved if Jozy puts it on frame.

Jozy should of done a chip shot instead of trying to blast in the corner.

I agree with you that a save would have occured if jozy got the shot on frame.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Jozy has to score there... Same with Pulisic earlier. We definitely had the better chances throughout the game. 

Don't get the last sub at all but Berhalter will get the team playing well and that means a lot.

Not a fan of the roldan sub or roldan as a player. I didn't see him contribute this gold cup. Personally, I dont think he belongs. The role roldan plays is perfect for Bradley at this point in his career.

Adam's needs to be the dmc for this team.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Another Dos Santos wins the Copa Oro against the US.

A not burned out Jozy buries the goal he missed and possibly wins the game... A Tata team will be fit and will pass the other team to death. I like the direction. Too bad this tournament meant nothing. 

Good points about the Mexican team. They were missing so many of their top players. Once they have everyone. Im not sure Berhalters team will ever touch the ball.

As a US fan, I was so proud of the team in the first half. How they physically kicked the shit out of Mexico like it was the early 2000s. Jozy set th tone by bullying Slacedo right away and laying it off to Pulisic for a golden chance. Then Pulisic, who I thought Mexico would target, made a hard foul against the Mexican full back (should have been a yellow). Mexico didnt even commit a single foul in the first 20 minutes. It brought me back to the days when we used to have some balls!! Gooch putting a physical whipping on Borghetti; Mastoani wanting to fight guys in midfield, McBride being a warrior up front, etc.

The 2nd half started and it was obvious that Mexico said.....fuck this shit. Were going to physically beat your ass. Straight away, Moreno fouled Jozy from behind at midfield.....then double knee dropped him in the back on purpose. AlHe basically said, hey US what are you going to do about it. Nothing. Only McKinnie went over to defend Jozy.....love that guy for that. Guardado grabbed McKinnie by the throat, literally, and didnt get booked. Where the fuck were 5 other US players to throw Guardados was to the ground and take a yellow? Basically tell Mexico, you want to fuck with us, Ill put your ass down? Nowhere to be found apparently. Mexico then proceeded to physically dominate and outplay the US by a million miles in the 2nd half.

Tata was smart enough to switch Pizzaro to the right to start the 2nd half, knowing that there was no way, a slow Ream could contain him. Thus, Ariola had to come all the way back and basically play as a fullback, neutralizing our attack.

Tata outcoached Berhalter by a million miles in the 2nd half. Very inspiring move for Berhalter to throw in a left back in the dying moments! Really showed his desire to push forward and get the tying goal.....

Rant over.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Not a fan of the roldan sub or roldan as a player. I didn't see him contribute this gold cup. Personally, I dont think he belongs. The role roldan plays is perfect for Bradley at this point in his career.

Adam's needs to be the dmc for this team.

Aint happening. Berhalters son has that role on lockdown as long as his Dad is the coach moving forward.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users