54 replies to this topic

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

Unfortunately some people don't have the ability to understand a lot of stuff.

apparently like you and the "block" function.

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:Metro

apparently like you and the "block" function.

Hey champ, why don't you take five and cool it with deliberately antagonizing the regulars here. I understand you're really proud to be the voice of dissent in these parts, but we're starting to reach that point where you're no longer contributing anything worthwhile to the discussion.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

quoting something I said in a different thread is a "worthwhile contribution" to a discussion?  Well, OK.  While previously patting himself on the back about "blocking me".

Zurich

Zurich

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Actually, we are in 8th place (based on ppg) and that's with the benefit of playing against the weaker East Conf most of our games.   

Personally, I don't think it's a big difference, but that the conference point isn't accurate right now. Our schedule has been evenly split East/West to this point (9 and 9). We only have a trip to Portland left in the West and if we can take advantage of the perceived weaker East, we should actually improve in the 2nd half.

Why I don't buy the conference angle and am not overly optimistic about the 2nd half being markedly better: Intensity and rivalries make it a wash. Coming down the stretch, we'll be playing 6-point games against all conference opponents. That intensity will be much higher than playing LA in April.

Schedule is weird this year. We haven't played almost half of the conference yet (Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, or Orlando City).

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Not saying anything about how RB is doing, but the disparity in GP at this point in time is crazy. Do other leagues allow a 5 game gap in GP between lowest and highest? The schedule is complete nonsense.

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Not saying anything about how RB is doing, but the disparity in GP at this point in time is crazy. Do other leagues allow a 5 game gap in GP between lowest and highest? The schedule is complete nonsense.

Yep.  The fact that people are comparing a team that has played 2 or 3 less games than the teams above them as if IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING, is utterly hilarious.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We are 7-6-5. Isn't that the definition of mediocre?

We're doing GREAT.  All we have to do is win the rest of our games and we'll be 23-6-5!

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Being 2 points off the pace at the SAME EXACT number of games as the team that is leading the league (while we are being "cheap") is just awful though Agreed.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

We are 7-6-5. Isn't that the definition of mediocre?

That record's misleading - we got off to a really slow start and have been improving.  Oh... wait.  NVM.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Being 2 points off the pace at the SAME EXACT number of games as the team that is leading the league (while we are being "cheap") is just awful though Agreed.

You're really not good at this.  DC is at 1.67 points per game.  For 18 games they would be 4 points ahead of us, not 2.    KC would be 5.7 points ahead of us, in the same number of games.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

do people really expect a season to be 100% positive results?   When was the last time that happened?  I'm confused as to how peaks and valleys in a "good" season is somehow out of the norm.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

do people really expect a season to be 100% positive results?   When was the last time that happened?  I'm confused as to how peaks and valleys in a "good" season is somehow out of the norm.

You will forever be alone thinking 8th place is having a "good" season.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

with 2/3 games in hand.   ALL of the teams (except KC and Dallas) ABOVE us have played 2-3 more games.  ALL of them.

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

you are comparing things that aren't the same, it's amazing and to quote you earlier, beyond stupid.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users