55 replies to this topic

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Supports:My local MLS team
Lindpere didn't seem to have much of a resume coming into the Red Bulls but from his play at the Mickey Mouse tournament it sounds like he's a pretty good playmaking midfielder. Do you think he's going to end up starting in central midfield for the season?
Loyal supporter of the 2013, 2015, and 2018 MLS Champions: RBNY/Metro
RBNY II aka "The Baby Bulls" are the 2016 USL Cup Champions!
Playoffs are stupid in soccer and I don't care if that hurts your feelings.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC
By the amount of pre-season games, it looks like Lindpere is being given some serious consideration at playmaker. Unless there is a late signing, the only other alternative is Ubi.

(that's not a negative comment on Ubi, he's got ability, but let's see what's else is out there)

rbny09

rbny09

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Supports:New york red bull
he is a good player so far he has been showing progress and hopeful he can be a playmaker for us

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
  • Supports:Metro
He's the best of what we got at the moment it appears. That will change, but until there is a new signing expect him in that role.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Hope not.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
A long way to go beofore the season. And even after the 1st game we can still add players.

There's no position on the team called "playmaker". If a guy is good enough, he'll make plays period. Most team's in the world don't play with true #10's......there just aren't that many out there.

Look at MLS Final last year. Real Salt Lake actually has a 10 in Javier Morales but LA doesn't have one. Guille on Columbus and DDR in Toronto are really the guys in MLS right now. Look at Man U, they really don't have a #10, they've good Rooney up top by himself with 5 midfielders to support.

Every team in the world doesn't have (or have to have) a CAM. It blows my mind when I see it listed on these boards all the time.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Hope not.

He didn't seem to make any plays in the 2nd half against Houston.

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA

By the amount of pre-season games, it looks like Lindpere is being given some serious consideration at playmaker. Unless there is a late signing, the only other alternative is Ubi.

(that's not a negative comment on Ubi, he's got ability, but let's see what's else is out there)

Ubi is not a CAM alternative!!!!!!!!!!!!

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts

Hope not.

+1.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

A long way to go beofore the season. And even after the 1st game we can still add players.

There's no position on the team called "playmaker". If a guy is good enough, he'll make plays period. Most team's in the world don't play with true #10's......there just aren't that many out there.

Look at MLS Final last year. Real Salt Lake actually has a 10 in Javier Morales but LA doesn't have one. Guille on Columbus and DDR in Toronto are really the guys in MLS right now. Look at Man U, they really don't have a #10, they've good Rooney up top by himself with 5 midfielders to support.

Every team in the world doesn't have (or have to have) a CAM. It blows my mind when I see it listed on these boards all the time.

There are many many attacking midfielders in the world, i guess its just semantics as to whether you call it #10, CAM or attacking midfielder. But the type of player exists in spades.

Looking at our team, you'd be gard pressed to identify any midfielders that you would lable a threat going forward with the football.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

Looking at our team, you'd be gard pressed to identify any midfielders that you would lable a threat going forward with the football.

Richards?

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

FrontRow

FrontRow

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
Seems like he has the ability to be.

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=22731

IamMetro

IamMetro

The Alpha and Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Real Madrid CF, USMNT

English/Anglo teams don't have CAM. CAM does exist in Latino teams. Its the main reason why players like Guevara, Cienfuegos, Blanco, Valderrama, Etcheverry, Riquelme, Veron, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Fransescoli and Maradona are from Latin America. You can even say that players like Fabregas, Deco, Totti, Xavi, Pirlo, Zidane and Del Piero are European 10s. EPL don't use CAM/DM setups. Its always 2 box to box players with 2 forwards. But I guess thats why Anglo/English teams don't really play good possession football but more long balls and quick counter attacking styles if that.

And before you throw that "CAM only exist in Fifa", well they do exist in Spanish and Portuguese just not in English.

In the US Mathis was the closest while Donovan hasn't been given that chance. But that has to do a lot with M Bradley being a 2 way player and making him just stay on one side of his game so Donovan could pull the strings would be unjust for him, since he does like to go up. And they both are because most of the good goals assisted by them have been from them playing in the middle and not on the wings or up top.
Jonny G/MoSeS- "As "MetroFanatic" has said, this message board system is for mature conversation. If you have nothing to say, then don't say anything."
Jonny G/MoSeS- "I never wrote that! This is plagiarism (Sp?)."

"When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". - Éric Cantona

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
If he produces results I have no problems with him. Also it's quite refreshing that he's 28 and not over 30+.

#RedBullOUT

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts

English/Anglo teams don't have CAM. CAM does exist in Latino teams. Its the main reason why players like Guevara, Cienfuegos, Blanco, Valderrama, Etcheverry, Riquelme, Veron, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Fransescoli and Maradona are from Latin America. You can even say that players like Fabregas, Deco, Totti, Xavi, Pirlo, Zidane and Del Piero are European 10s. EPL don't use CAM/DM setups. Its always 2 box to box players with 2 forwards. But I guess thats why Anglo/English teams don't really play good possession football but more long balls and quick counter attacking styles if that.

And before you throw that "CAM only exist in Fifa", well they do exist in Spanish and Portuguese just not in English.

Thank you for helping make my point!! You nailed it exactly.

The key point is that if you have a guy who can do that, GREAT! If you don't have a guy with that skill set, you just don't plug in some random guy as a CAM. Right now the RB's don't have that player, period. People need to stop trying to invent it if the talent isn't there.

There's a difference between Aaron Lennon (who's a winger and can attack great) and Steven Gerrard. Right now RB doesn't have a #10 and that's just a fact. Writing down Ubi, Sassano, Reyna, etc. in a fake line-up as a 10 doesn't mean they have the skill set.

I never said, and would never say CAM's don't exist. They do for some teams and players.....just not on the RB's right now. If we had Guille, Blanco, DDR, Morales fine.....but we don't.

You really seem to know your South American game really well and I always want to learn. I notice that some #10's play really high upfield ala, Totti, Kaka, Blanco. While other's lay very deep and pick apart defense from there ala, Pirlo & Riquelme. Is there a specific name for that or is that just a stylistic thing?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users