72 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

More extensive highlight of Yearwood that was put up recently, assuming hes still on his way over.

https://youtu.be/kusR4oH43IQ

At this point I would say thats one heck of an assumption. Where is Thelwell?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

At this point I would say thats one heck of an assumption. Where is Thelwell?

Assumption based on what? Do you want Thelwell to knock on your door and show you scans of the transfer agreement? The window isn't open yet. What do you want him or the team to do?

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Assumption based on what? Do you want Thelwell to knock on your door and show you scans of the transfer agreement? The window isn't open yet. What do you want him or the team to do?

It hasnt stopped Atlanta from making any moves

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Whats the window these days?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

It hasnt stopped Atlanta from making any moves

Have ATL announced any moves? 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Have ATL announced any moves? 

They signed Damm and Cubo Torres, both announced, will probably become "official" during the window.

1280x530_2.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
RBNY arent the type to announce moves outside of the window

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

RBNY arent the type to announce moves outside of the window

Nor inside of the window...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

I want to hear something like this: https://www.mlssocce...nathan-gonzalez

Usually when big transfers are made, there are some reports on transfer discussions that leak out, like when we got Kaku for instance. I envy your confidence that he managed to secure a good transfer without any leaks, and hope you are right on that one. Window starts August 12, so not too long to wait.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I envy your confidence

I do not think that anyone is confident about this club.
We used to joke about handfuls of magic beans,
but I do not even see those in our future.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Kaku is the only recent transfer that was leaked super far in advance.

Look at our most recent activity,

Jørgensen: article from Denmark saying the deal was done
Egbo and Jensen: announced by Dylan Butler in an piece after those deals were done
Pendant: rumor came out a day or two before the deal was completed
Yearwood: announced after the deal was completed even though they had been working on it pre pandemic shut down

Toney: speculation that it was Leipzig until it was reported that RBNY had a £4 million offer turned down
Lopes: only heard about interest after the initial bid was rejected and Hull insisted he wasnt for sale

RBNY tends to keep things under wraps.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I want to hear something like this: https://www.mlssocce...nathan-gonzalez

Usually when big transfers are made, there are some reports on transfer discussions that leak out, like when we got Kaku for instance. I envy your confidence that he managed to secure a good transfer without any leaks, and hope you are right on that one. Window starts August 12, so not too long to wait.

We literally did get a leak on Yearwood coming here. And guess what? The leak happened last minute. Not a single word was said anywhere when RBNY were apparently discussing this back in January. I know the rumor mill is fun and it's frustrating to not hear anything from our perspective but that's really not Thelwell'ss problem. 

The Kaku leaks happened because it was clearly part of the negotiating strategy. The compensation fiasco brought the transfer to a grinding halt and presumably his agent starting leaking everywhere to pressure Hurucan into getting it over the finish line.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Kaku is the only recent transfer that was leaked super far in advance.

Look at our most recent activity,

Jørgensen: article from Denmark saying the deal was done
Egbo and Jensen: announced by Dylan Butler in an piece after those deals were done
Pendant: rumor came out a day or two before the deal was completed
Yearwood: announced after the deal was completed even though they had been working on it pre pandemic shut down

Toney: speculation that it was Leipzig until it was reported that RBNY had a £4 million offer turned down
Lopes: only heard about interest after the initial bid was rejected and Hull insisted he wasnt for sale

RBNY tends to keep things under wraps.

None of the these transfers are big, only Kaku one was. Usually when a big one is coming, you hear about this. But I would like to be wrong and have a major player arrive without any leaks come August 12.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the rumor mill is fun and it's frustrating to not hear anything ... but that's really not Thelwell's problem.

Heaven forbid we have a rumor to dream on:
http://www.metrofana...team/rumors.jsp

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Why would anyone seriously think we would do more than get Yearwood?    One low 7-figure deal a year would seem to be our quota.  Thelwell has moved on to figuring out Old Man Royer's exit plan, and who on RB2,  or off the MLS discard pile,  will take over for Parker when he dumps those wages.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users