odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Who would Portland have to offer?  

Portland probably offered Alvas Powell. Of course that ship has long sailed.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Portland probably offered Alvas Powell. Of course that ship has long sailed.

He left Portland last year

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Yes, the tweet says that Portland offered a left back and allocation mondy last year. They've since shipped off Powell and signed another RB. I can't imagine that they were still interested.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Dude was an all star last year, is only 23, started games at the World Cup, and clearly has a lot of talent. He infuriates me at times, but I hate the thought of giving up on him now. Especially when we just had a lackluster transfer window and our potential in house replacements are all big question marks. Obviously everyone is available for the right price, but this feels like us looking to move him rather than us being bowled over by a good offer.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Dude was an all star last year, is only 23, started games at the World Cup, and clearly has a lot of talent. He infuriates me at times, but I hate the thought of giving up on him now. Especially when we just had a lackluster transfer window and our potential in house replacements are all big question marks. Obviously everyone is available for the right price, but this feels like us looking to move him rather than us being bowled over by a good offer.

It's a tough call because the attitude is clearly something you don't want to influence other players. Bottom line though is that Armas isn't getting through to him in any meaningful way and Murillo has cost plenty of goals this season.  I lean towards moving him if we're keeping Armas. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It's a tough call because the attitude is clearly something you don't want to influence other players. Bottom line though is that Armas isn't getting through to him in any meaningful way and Murillo has cost plenty of goals this season.  I lean towards moving him if we're keeping Armas. 

Armas needs to get on the phone with Jesse and learn how to say  "mucho trabajo"

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Murillo should be loaned to rb 2. They should sign duval and let's hope woly and sekagya can correct murillo's funk before the playoffs

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Murillo should be loaned to rb 2. They should sign duval and let's hope woly and sekagya can correct murillo's funk before the playoffs

I dont have a good solution but if Murillo's problem is that he's mentally checked out because he wanted a transfer abroad, I feel like demoting him to the reserves will just compound the problem tenfold.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I'm still under the impression that players cant be moved past the 8th and the window is closed. Only non-player movement can happen now (i.e. draft picks, GAM/TAM, etc...) Apparently I am wrong, but roster rules seemed pretty clear on that topic.

Sign Duvall (fits our system perfectly - helped carve it). Trade Murillo to Portland for Chara.

Let Duncan play regularly with NYRBII and Buckmaster back up Duvall.

Duvall > Buckmaster > Duncan > Lade > Muyl
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
No chance Portland deals chara for Murillo, he would kill it in this system though.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I'd play Muyl at RB for RBII for 4 or 5 consecutive games, so he can grow accustomed to the role  Then, if that works out well, I would give him a shot with the first team. Given his workrate, I think he could be an excellent right back.  To my knowledge, he's only played there once or twice for us--which is not enough time to judge.

But I doubt this will happen.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

No chance Portland deals chara for Murillo, he would kill it in this system though.

Exactly.  Plus Murillo has next to destroyed his value given this season.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'd play Muyl at RB for RBII for 4 or 5 consecutive games, so he can grow accustomed to the role  Then, if that works out well, I would give him a shot with the first team. Given his workrate, I think he could be an excellent right back.  To my knowledge, he's only played there once or twice for us--which is not enough time to judge.

Should have happened a long time ago.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Good. this guy is BASURA

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I think the issue with murillo is confidence. He was doing so well until the world cup. Panama was destroyed. And now he is over thinking it or afraid to make a mistake. Sometimes it's best to take a step back to move forward. That's why murillo should get some attention at rb 2 to fix his defense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users