#61 LostmyVoicein137

LostmyVoicein137

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, UCLA Bruins

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Nope...just was saving it until it counts (you'll never learn, will you!). How many times do I have to tell you that SC takes after Uncle Pete and never talks trash before a big game, we save it until after! Sorry if haven't spent every waking minute responding to every single thread...

Understandable, big games are few and far far between in hoops for the trojans.

Good for the conference though, more pac 10 teams the better.

#62 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

oh, how nice of you to have your first post in this thread ONLY when sc makes it to the pac-10 finals. YOU'RE JUST A PART TIME SUPPORTER!!!!!! stick with college football

i am not a huge college basketball fan, but have to give props to my boys for knocking out the bruins in the tourney. would have loved to have been there to hear

just like football

(clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)

just like football

just like football

fight on trojans!

edit:

i meant to include, i went to the first 3 or 4 pac10 tourneys (all games) after they restarted it in the staple center. that was a tons of fun. i recall covering this in the past, but i would always cheer against UCLA, for USC and support the team with the hottest set of cheerleaders (usually ended up being oregon).

maybe next spring we can get a group of people together for this tourney.

#63 loki

loki

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

Go Cal State Nortridge!!! CSUN to win it all :lol:

#64 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Go Cal State Nortridge!!! CSUN to win it all :lol:

as my mom is a san fernando valley state alum, i will be pulling for these guys. come on fellas!

#65 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

CSUN!!!

I've picked NC to win it all over UCONN...

My wife's brackets are better... and by "brackets," I mean "bewbs"...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#66 cesar

cesar

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

for some fucken reason i think CSUN #15 can beat an overrated #2 Memphis. anyone remember Richmond over Syracuse? i can see the CSUN dudes making this game interesting!

#67 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

for some fucken reason i think CSUN #15 can beat an overrated #2 Memphis. anyone remember Richmond over Syracuse? i can see the CSUN dudes making this game interesting!

Anyone remember when Utah St. almost upset the 2 in 05, losing by 1 point? I had that shit in my bracket for Utah St. but no cigar...

Hinsey, USC is gonna get demolished in the first round again just like I told you they would last year.

As for us, Sweet 16 and I'll be happy

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

sweet 16? Howland spoiled me. i gotta see them at least in the elite 8. they can pull it out. it might be hard to get out of the East with Pitt and Duke in the mix. but a Pitt v. UCLA game would be awesome.

#69 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

I don't see CSUN upsetting Memphis. There was much parity in the Big West and the conference blew chunks. I don't see CSUN keeping up with the athleticism of Memphis, especially if it's gonna be a run and gun game.

But stranger things have happened. They don't call it March Madness for nothing.
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

#70 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

memphis has a better defense this year than last year. this is a crazy tourney. anything is possible. my 3 year old cousin can win the office pool.

#71 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

I would love to see CSUN win, but they have no chance.

Think UCLA can get to the sweet 16, but that's it. Probably losing to Duke. Although playing villanova on their pseudo-home floor will be no easy task.

I'd like to see the pac-10 win a lot

#72 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hinsey, USC is gonna get demolished in the first round again just like I told you they would last year.

As for us, Sweet 16 and I'll be happy

i agree with you that SC will tossed out of the tourney rather fast. i am in agreement with buck that i don't see any team from the pac10 doing well this year. so when you say, 'sweet 16 and i'll be happy' . . . is that an admission that you will be lucky to get there? if so, for the first time we are in total agreement.

Posted Image

is this the fallback bash when the "we are a basketball school" doesn't hold water? it must really suck to be totally owned by your rival. oh wait, you still have water polo . . . (zing)

i am honestly surprised that those losers from ASU can even spell. with regard to ASU, it is funny when a school really hates a team, and that team that is being hated doesn't even put them on the radar. don't get me wrong, i am glad ASU exists . . . if it didn't where would all the hot looking sluts that drink too much get a degree?

#73 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

I don't think so...

In fact, I don't think anyone in the Pac-10 will go far in the big dance.

I hope I am wrong for Pac-10 glory's sake, but I doubt it.

washington has a good chance to go far.

#74 LostmyVoicein137

LostmyVoicein137

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, UCLA Bruins

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

Washington I think will go the a few rounds because they got a good draw. Miss. st. snuck in and then they would play the winner of N.Iowa/Purdue.

UCLA, i havent heard one person say they will beat VCU which means they will beat VCU. UCLA was on a long streak winning the first part half of the thursday/saturday games in the pac 10 before ASU got them. Villanova at home (3 miles from home will be tough). If they get past that, Duke will most likely be waiting and they don't have any big men so UCLA would match up well.

USC, I can see them beating BC and the next round would be Mich st. which is tough.

Arizona, could be the biggest sleeper, they got a 12 seed as one of the last in but have a lot of talent, play Utah which is slow paced in the first round which won't take too much out of them, then would have to face Wake Forest probably.

Arizona st, plays good D which should get them by the first round and probably have Syracuse waiting but ASU has been ranked around the same as Syracuse all year.

Cal, tough matchup in the first round with Maryland but they can shoot the rock.

I have a feeling this tournament could end up like the bowl games when the conference looks weak but end up doing better than expected and the Big East/Big 10 losing early...we will see.

#75 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

I know the NIT is the consolation tourney for teams that were snubbed from the Big Dance but did you know that there are two additional tournaments, for schools that got snubbed by the NIT? Something called the CIT and CBT? Really? Do we really need additional tournaments? Is this like AYSO where everyone plays and is a winner?
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users