793 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Team can't score for sh*t but rather than bring any one of the many free agents in, they stick with Tom Barlow to replace Fabio.

I've never seen a less competent sporting organization that has such little regard to building a balanced roster.

The guy who took #10 is being deployed at RB in a preseason game because the other options are a guy who barely played last year and whose claim to fame is being Sean Nealis brother and Tom Edwards who is injured and hasnt even been announced yet.

Theyve acquired 2 legitimate adults so far this offseason and they were both brought in during the first week of the offseason.

The Kool Aid is strong though, and the same people will be genuinely surprised when an injury or a general lack of quality lead to a slow start.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Brazilian youth player who bangs goals in.

Venezuelan youth players.

I think we'd be complaining less wrt the Brazilian kid. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

if we signed this kid everyone would complain just like they complained about carmona and castellanos

I don't think a soul would complain if we signed a forward that could score goals, especially if we had a Bou, Buksa, Jozy and Agudelo ahead of him...

But yeah, let's not complain that a team that can't score more than one goal in a game added zero goalscorers, outside a HGP to replace Fabio.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

if we're having trouble scoring goals (again) then there's no excuse what so ever not to bring in a goal scoring DP this summer. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
We have yet to score 2 goals in preseason.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I don't think a soul would complain if we signed a forward that could score goals, especially if we had a Bou, Buksa, Jozy and Agudelo ahead of him...

But yeah, let's not complain that a team that can't score more than one goal in a game added zero goalscorers, outside a HGP to replace Fabio.

Is this guys better than Sowe? The issue is that RB didnt sign a adult to backup, play with us Klimala, not that they didnt sign a prospect. We have prospects.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

a u-20 goal scorer with no actual evidence he scored those goals on the internet woo what a signing that would be. No yall would complain we didnt sign a proven guy and agudelo scored a ground total of zero goals last year and altidore on turf is an injury waiting to happen but hey at least he will get high 6 figures 🙄🙄

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

a u-20 goal scorer with no actual evidence he scored those goals on the internet woo what a signing that would be. No yall would complain we didnt sign a proven guy and agudelo scored a ground total of zero goals last year and altidore on turf is an injury waiting to happen but hey at least he will get high 6 figures 🙄🙄

Agudelo is the 4th string striker at New England. Our second string striker scored once last season. Our third string barely broke the 20 man roster and our 4th string scored twice in the NCAA.

Henry was an injury waiting to happen. Well worth sitting him out for the turf matches.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Our strikers vs. New Englands strikers.

From starters all the way down to the reserves.

Pick which group you want.

Gun to your head. Pick right now.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Our strikers vs. New Englands strikers.

From starters all the way down to the reserves.

Pick which group you want.

Gun to your head. Pick right now.

Ill take bou and buksa over most of the league but I dont really care for altidore or agudelo and dont think they actually move the needle in any significant manner other than having name brands

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Ill take bou and buksa over most of the league but I dont really care for altidore or agudelo and dont think they actually move the needle in any significant manner other than having name brands

Pick NE striker corps or ours. Top to bottom. You only get to pick one.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Pick NE striker corps or ours. Top to bottom. You only get to pick one.

sure New England because Ill take bou and buksa over the rest of the league outside maybe Seattle nycfc is up there if they keep taty. The rest is really doesnt matter at all.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Klimala would be the 4th option at NE

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Klimala was not good. He might get better.

What happens if he gets injured? Seriously?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

who is out their in MLS that we might want?

(sorry don't have time to look up team but curios what people might think?)

Obviously we could snag someone from lower levels of Brazil like last year.

maybe we can send C Bus some GAM for BWP to be player coach.  Although hearing how he left not sure if he would want to .

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users