Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Hmmmm

Very interesting - wouldn't make too much sense after Fabio but maybe being in two lower tier guys and see who wins out. Loser goes back to their club.

I'd be happy about this move if it happens.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Hmmmm

Very interesting - wouldn't make too much sense after Fabio but maybe being in two lower tier guys and see who wins out. Loser goes back to their club.

I'd be happy about this move if it happens.

If this is to fill one of those U22 slots its a pretty good move.  cap hit would be low for high upside gamble.   And given that we are going for risky profile guys volume is key and you move on from who doesnt work.  We have no one besides Fabio that does the Poulsen role that i'd want to play (Barlow does it too but hes not good). 

Quote from Athletic piece on him depicts him as such.  “In Poland, we haven’t got many strikers who can play combination football, and I think he isn’t that type too. He is rather a worker type, a man who can press, be the first defender, fight a lot. I think he might fit British and Scottish football.”

https://theathletic....ltic-transfers/

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nicknamed "The Devil"

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://www.onceamet...-patryk-klimala
  Celtic striker Patryk Klimala

April Fools?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
I'm always surprised when I've actually heard of someone we're linked with.

I doubt this would be a game-changing signing given his track record, but he has European cachet, so good performances here would allow him to be sold for a profit.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Looking at possibly 2x Jorgensen's fee for another youngster who hasn't actually established himself with any decent teams yet, does anyone who knows him know why he warrants that kind of fee?

Huge gamble but I guess I'll take it over nothin

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Looking at possibly 2x Jorgensen's fee for another youngster who hasn't actually established himself with any decent teams yet, does anyone who knows him know why he warrants that kind of fee?

The worst part of the Jorgensen transfer is that he sunk a massive part of our budget for negative return at a time where we desperately needed a decent striker. The second worst part is that I'm still going to hear his fucking name 300 years from now when we're linked to a 20-year-old in Croatia.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He scored 7 in a half-season in Poland as a 21-year-old striker. Not a lot of players that age scoring so many in any first division. I'm not saying that he's Lewandowski by any stretch, but that's the rate Lewa put up in his first Ekstraklasa season, and teams are always on the hunt for "The Next [insert known star]."

If Celtic is offloading him after a year though, I don't think he'd cost twice Jorgensen's fee. Maybe 50% more.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

you think Celtic is able to sell him for $4mm after the start he had?  i was assuming they just need to fundraise for new coach so this is more of a liquidation sale. something like $2.5mm with a sell on fee of 25% or a loan with buy option.  But we will find out eventually if it happens.

Edit: didnt see Arsenal14 post.  sums up my view

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
Just read through some pages of the Celtic message board linked in the OAM article. Even the fans that don't think he's particularly good are praising his work rate and attitude. Many are saying he would be best utilized in a high press system. Those fans believe he didn't succeed because of lack of regular playing time, poor coaching, and lack of a defined team playing style. Seems like the "right fit" to me.

I know the saying, but this time around I wouldn't mind the devil I don't know.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

J$ was 17 when we signed him.  At 22 this is guy not a youngster, and he was not long ago valued at $5M.   Whatever we paid for J$ was based on nothing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Patryk Klimala ● Polish Wonderkid - Striker ● Welcome to Celtic FC! ● 2020 - YouTube

I guess he knows Harper? Looks like his first Celtic goal was just pressuring the keeper.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Nicknamed "The Devil"

Hey MF - has there been a Polish player already? 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Hey MF - has there been a Polish player already? 

Of course.

http://www.metrofana...ayer.jsp?ID=141

http://www.metrofana.../team/inter.jsp

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users