Catch It.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
although I hate him, i think stephen lenhart would be good for the team.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

MacAttack17

MacAttack17

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Supports:Metro & AC Milan
with San Jose confirming today that they will not be bringing Convey back, should be make a push to sign him? at only 28 years old, he can play left midfield. we can move Joel into the attacking midfield role. thoughts?

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC
Bobby Convey, the perfect addition to our convivial locker room atmosphere
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
I would bring him if we have the cap space to do it. but i think the Fo is to dumb to do it.

BrooklynFC

BrooklynFC

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY
Convey covering for Miller's forward runs me likey

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Hans Backe did select Bobby Convey for the all star game. i wouldnt be surprised if he is in a RBNY uniform. provides depth at LB and can play CM and LM

i think he is good enough to be in the USMNT but that's a different conversation

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
bobby convey at $336K is :unsure:

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

bobby convey at $336K is :unsure:

Bobby Convey, the perfect addition to our convivial locker room atmosphere

Thisss.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Since RBNY likes to collect Vikings - i wouldnt be surprised if RBNY was the club that contacted Valentino Lai. Played in leagues that Hans and Soler are very familier with.

http://www.fotbollsk...glomd_i_sverige

Google translation

Hunted by the MLS - but are forgotten in Sweden
Forgotten in Sweden - a success in Denmark. Now hunted Valentino Lai of clubs in the U.S., Switzerland and Israel.
- I'm very eager to get out and test, he says.

By the Landskrona-midfielder Valentino Lai has spent the last five seasons in Denmark, the latest in Viborg after four years in Velj. But this is the end of it. 27-year-old Lai has stakeholders from the U.S., Switzerland and - Israel.
- There is interest and I am eager to get out and test. It's probably the United States that attracts most if I'll be completely honest, but Switzerland is also interesting, he says to FotbollDirekt.se.

What do you about the different options?
- Football in Europe is like the greatest, but the U.S. is more of an adventure and football grows there too. When I was down and played in Cyprus was there any where that has played in Israel and they talked very good about it, so it had not been entirely wrong.
- But I'm 27 now and it is supposed to be the "best soccer age" so perhaps it would be Switzerland best for my personal career, and I think that perhaps we can wait a little with the U.S.. But I do not know, it was just a few days ago I learned of their interest.

Is that a club from the Swiss top division?
- Yes, it is the highest leagues in all countries.

Viborg has had a very special year of great economic troubles but still ended in eleventh place out of 16 teams. An incredible achievement given the squad.
- It was a damn good year of us, there has been a major financial crisis and we had only 15 players in the squad. Personally, it was also good, I came in this year's team in the Danish second league.

What is the interest from Danish club?
- I really have not heard anything from the Danish clubs, now I go on a free transfer as well so it is a bit surprised that no one heard of him. I have been selected in this year's team in the second league several times and have been here for four years but there is no club in the top division that has been in touch. I may not be the type who plays the other teams want.

Valentino Lai has six Under-21 internationals in the merit list, but in Sweden he is very neglected. Not even Landskrona, where he played three years in the mid-2000s has had any contact.
- From Sweden, it is nothing. I have not played much senior football in Sweden and I do not think there are so many who know me there if I'll be honest. I have not the urge to come home even though I of course would listen if it turned up nothing.
- I have not had any contact with Landskrona since I left. It was both a positive and a negative period for me there, but I think I was liked there and I had a good time there too

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Sure why not? Probably will be a 125k-175k hit on the cap, tops.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sure why not? Probably will be a 125k-175k hit on the cap, tops.

Fits into what Soler Backe have done so far... 100-200K veteran, late 20s, international experience and played in multiple leagues in Europe.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz
there are some Americans who've been abroad but are currently out of contract that may be nice additions to any MLS club. Does anyone know more about the following players (esp. re entry cataegory)?

Eddie Johnson. last played for KC in 2008. Released from Aris last year. I know MLS tried to resign him, but the contract was never signed. I think he could help many teams.

Lee Nguyen. Never drafted or signed by an MLS club (that I know of) and has had a cup of coffee with various USMNT levels. Had a decent run in Holland but is out of contract. I heard a rumor that, like eddie Johnson, had some contact by MLS but he never worked out a contract. While not a world class player, I think he'd be a servicable midfielder for many clubs.

Marcus Tracey: 2008 Herman Award winner, was rumored to become the top draft pick in 2009 but scared of clubs w/ his desire to play in Europe. Houston did draft him but he never signed a contract. Now he is out of contract in Europe.

Tyrel Lacey: Decent college keeper, drafted by New England, but never signed. Again played a little in Europe but is out of contract. WOuld most likely fallinto the category like Howarth-- emergency GK club of the MLS

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Lee Nguyen. Never drafted or signed by an MLS club (that I know of) and has had a cup of coffee with various USMNT levels. Had a decent run in Holland but is out of contract. I heard a rumor that, like eddie Johnson, had some contact by MLS but he never worked out a contract. While not a world class player, I think he'd be a servicable midfielder for many clubs.

Supposedly he's back in MLS:
http://www.mlssoccer...rge-signing-mls

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Marcus Tracy has had injury problems since he was at Wake Forest. I'd throw him a 50K contract with a 200K incentive if he plays 15+ games, because I doubt he would get to 3 without getting injured.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users