Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
https://theathletic....ue-one-by-2021/

Time to go unbeaten in USL-1 every year, I guess. This sucks from a developmental perspective.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

yeah, i'm not liking this one bit. RB2 is abso-fucking-lutely killing it in USLC. hey, at least the forthcoming battles with FCD's reserve team might be fun. 

what RBNY "could" do is launch a hybrid team, where the team is owned/operated by an independent entity, but the technical side of the team is the MLS team's domain. I think HOU does this with Rio Grande Valley Toros. There are a couple of other examples. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Time to go unbeaten in USL-1 every year, I guess. This sucks from a developmental perspective.

Thats really shit from development and other teams perspective.

Im sure they love coming and playing us since its a real step up in ability, out battles with Tampa / Lou City have been great.

Move down the bad teams keep the good ones, simple.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
Do they care more about keeping good clubs or keeping clubs that draw well? If its the latter, were screwed.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

As hilarious as it would be rolling that league, we really should stay in the Championship.  Rebrand it to an "independent" team if we have to.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
If this happens, wed lose a lot of talent. Guys who dont feel they are big prospects, heading to the first team, wont want to play on the 3rd division.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i think we're a team that's worthy of staying. but i think a big part of this is the attendance issue. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

i think we're a team that's worthy of staying. but i think a big part of this is the attendance issue. 

Less attendance, more "these reserve teams are taking up places that an expansion ownership group will pay 8 figures for."

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
The expansion fees are certainly part of it, but I think that the attendance is a big thing. USL is going after sponsor ships and (supposedy) a new TV deal. Reserve teams playing in front of 500 people isn't at all helpful for achieving either of those objectives.

If setting up an "independent" team is an option, I wonder if RBNY would think that it was worth it. If that were to occur, I'd love to see a RBNY II team in the third division as well.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I understand that this is a attendance issue not a level of play but its been massively important to our organizations ethos to play young players at a high level against grown men not other teams reserve squads.

If they refuse to allow 2 teams then we better have someone right now in charge of looking up where can set up in the tri state area and be a good draw and change the team name to whatever they deem allowable.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
There has been talk of this for a while now.

My understanding (as of two months ago) was that the USL would help run a separate division, which was only MLS reserve teams and allow other teams to join that division if they chose to (in order to keep travel low and enough teams in both East/West). There was also talk about mandatory hybrids to stay in the USLC (see Houston and Rio Grande Valley or San Jose and Reno), with anyone else going to USL1.

This weekly update shows the attendance impact the MLS clubs have on USL, and it's not a good one. The hybrids, however both rank in the top half.
https://twitter.com/...8081524743?s=19
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Maybe rb can get sky blue into MSU to make use of the improved facilities if usl championship for rb2 is doomed?

Also, how much would people lose their minds if rb2 was spun off to affiliate as metrostars?

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Perhaps they should move to an area where they could develop a following, they will never be a big draw in the shadow of RB Club. Central Jersey or Easter Pa might be an option , Would require some $$ outlay - (place to play -Advertising Campaign .etc).

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
This is unlikely to happen, but Kingston Stockade of NPSL could be an interesting partner if they were interested in having a go at USL. Far enough from Harrison and the city to be out of the bigger clubs' shadow, but close enough for easy movement of players. Dietze Stadium would need a lot of work and the club's NPSL attendance isn't great, but I think that the potential for a reasonably well attended team in the Hudson Valley is there.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

except the other MLS squads will also be there.  Gonna be very unbalanced.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users