• Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Can non-homegrown players be signed directly?
Don't MLS clubs have to follow its arcane single-entity rules? Go through a quasi-waiver process where other clubs could snatch the rights to desired players?

it didn't seem like nyrb had to do this with Murillo, Escobar or Keita...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I repeat my question: Can they even be signed?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Yes they can... Homegrown players are local players... If the guys are foreign they won't be local...or be part of the academy before they turn 16..

They can use the Discovery list thing.. They just have to be hush hush about following a player so they don't get cblocked.. But again teams do sign players, NYRB didn't have to do anything crazy to get Baah, Keita, Murillo or Escobar...

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,355 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I repeat my question: Can they even be signed? S

Yes, you just add them to your Discovery List

https://www.mlssocce...and-regulations

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
I'm just saying scout internacional u17 u20 tournaments in Central and South America and u19 tournaments in Europe and even Asia and Africa...

Get the standouts of those tournaments even if it takes DP money.. They'll at least end up with better talent than the draft.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,833 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Murillo and Escobar are here via loan. I'll safely assume that Hamlett will purchase their contracts. Keita was on a free. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Murillo and Escobar are here via loan. I'll safely assume that Hamlett will purchase their contracts. Keita was on a free. 

well still besides the point...

The point is yes players can be signed even if they aren't homegrown... Specifically using the discovery claim process

And going back to my point scout international U17 u20 tournaments for stand outs its a better route to complement the first and academy than the draft....

Also Rolf Feltscher
Centreback for Venezuelan national team playing his ass off vs Messi as I type this.. As well as a heck of match vs Colombia with Falcao and Co. attacking...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts

Yes, you just add them to your Discovery List
https://www.mlssocce...and-regulations

Looks like the list is limited to seven names. Perhaps RB has already compiled one.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,619 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Looks like the list is limited to seven names. Perhaps RB has already compiled one.

You just add and drop names as you need to.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts

You just add and drop names as you need to.

Fantasy soccer?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Haven't seen it on here, but we signed some guy from Leipzig as our head of scouting.  Maybe we can do better than friends of people on the team + Cameroonians who don't age.

https://www.newyorkr...n-head-scouting

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He transitioned to coaching full-time in 2012, and began taking on video scouting responsibilities before being named the Head Video Analyst for Scouting with Leipzig’s senior team in 2013.

So he basically watched Youtube videos of people? Sounds like a dream job, and he did it pretty well for Leipzig.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
I want that job lol I.. My job will have me stuck in a ER waiting for Hurricane Irma mamita mia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)