• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

screams Dom Oduro to me but with out the top level hair game. 

Obvious Bradley influence here.

Fast which helps us.  However, what does he have over Ettienne? 

Need to see the $$ to see if it makes sense. Not the youngest player by any means.

Also, if this is the big signing consider me disappointed. Not saying he can't be good. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

jerzyiroc

jerzyiroc

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

"The 26-year-old, who was close to joining clubs in Azerbaijan and in Major League Soccer, has had a fall out with his parent club, Lech Poznań, and has thus decided to temporally end his nightmarish spell in Poland where he suffered racism and continually grew home sick.

"I will not return there. Everything was bad there. Playing time, the social life and everything. The whole package was shit," The Gambian said earlier this year."

Probably safe to assume that his career stats in the last few years have at least been somewhat affected by some real issues. Hopefully he can find some peace here. As we saw with BWP and some others, sometimes a change of scenery can really change a person's career. 

http://allafrica.com...1703300705.html

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

"The 26-year-old, who was close to joining clubs in Azerbaijan and in Major League Soccer, has had a fall out with his parent club, Lech Poznań, and has thus decided to temporally end his nightmarish spell in Poland where he suffered racism and continually grew home sick.

"I will not return there. Everything was bad there. Playing time, the social life and everything. The whole package was shit," The Gambian said earlier this year."

Probably safe to assume that his career stats in the last few years have at least been somewhat affected by some real issues. Hopefully he can find some peace here. As we saw with BWP and some others, sometimes a change of scenery can really change a person's career. 

Happy for him at least that he doesn't have to deal with bullshit anymore.

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Bearing in mind that WhoScored isn't perfect but I find that their evaluations frequently match the "eye test", this is a promising track record: https://www.whoscore...y/Muhamed-Keita

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

have to imagine this area would beat poznan nightlife...

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Jeff Rueter Retweeted Kristian Dyer

#MNUFC held M. Keita's rights; the player visited the Loons during the preseason. Not a fit. His rights were sent in B. Allen loan. #RBNY

That was from a Minnesota writer so speculation was right in that we got Keita's rights for Allen's loan.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

3o85xvr2egFreWY3zW.gif

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Bad signing for Muyl. Hope he's got finishing and 1v1 skills, not just speed.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I guess this guy will be a bench signing?

Our scouts are pathetic lol.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Not our scouts, our owners.

2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Yea, if that's the case this a bad signing because the bench is not the problem.  The only problem with the bench is the young players don't get enough minutes.  Adding a player that will takes minutes from Davis, Etienne, Muyl, etc. is dumb.  We need someone that can push us over the top, not someone that's just going to compete for playing time.

Maybe he's really good and has just been in shitty situations.  Assuming Keita comes with a high recommendation from Bradley, do we trust his assessment?  Saving final judgement until he plays here, but really not the Alessandrini-type player I was hoping for.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Lots of competition for some spots if the 5-4-1 or 3-6-1 or whatever you want to call it is the preferred formation moving forward. 

Attempt at a depth chart (bold/italics are starters) for that formation:

LWB: Lawrence, Lade, Muyl, Adams

CB: Collin, Long, Escobar, Perrinelle, Zizzo, Lade

RWB: Murillo, Zizzo, Lade, Adams, Muyl

CDM: Feilipe, Adams, Davis, Metzger

LM/RM: Royer, Davis, Keita (for now), Etienne, Veron, Muyl

CAM: Kljestan, Keita, Felipe

ST: Wright-Philips, Veron, Etienne

I feel like you've got to find a way to get Adams on the pitch, but I'm not sure he's the first choice at any position with a fully healthy lineup under this formation.

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Supports:METRO

I heard we were scouting Kei Kamara's socks. I guess this is better?

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Lots of competition for some spots if the 5-4-1 or 3-6-1 or whatever you want to call it is the preferred formation moving forward. 

Attempt at a depth chart (bold/italics are starters) for that formation:

LWB: Lawrence, Lade, Muyl, Adams

CB: Collin, Long, Escobar, Perrinelle, Zizzo, Lade

RWB: Murillo, Zizzo, Lade, Adams, Muyl

CDM: Feilipe, Adams, Davis, Metzger

LM/RM: Royer, Davis, Keita (for now), Etienne, Veron, Muyl

CAM: Kljestan, Keita, Felipe

ST: Wright-Philips, Veron, Etienne

I feel like you've got to find a way to get Adams on the pitch, but I'm not sure he's the first choice at any position with a fully healthy lineup under this formation.

I think RWB over Murillo for Adams.  And I totally agree you have to get him on the field.  

And also agree with each spot and where you have everyone.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Muyl sucks so this is a good signing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users