23 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,621 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Maximizing Adams is way more important than maximizing Murillo.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

4-2-3-1 is dead, I was clamoring for it when Jesse was pushing the 4-2-2-2 but its clear now that the rest of the league has caught up to it. 

Jesse mentioned recently that Adams could play all eleven positions, and I'm starting to believe it. He doesn't necessarily look the part, but he's a freak athlete. Even at LWB where he was clearly uncomfortable dishing anything with his left foot, he bossed the game with his ability to get up and down the field faster than anyone else out there.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,678 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Jesse mentioned recently that Adams could play all eleven positions, and I'm starting to believe it.

Enough to sing about it?
"All we need is a team of ..."

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Idk but I feel Taxi when Metro had a 4 man back line was great contributing to the attack.. I think in a wing back role he should get the nod and play with 3 actual center backs.. Then if the opponent just wants to sit back then I could be ok with him getting pushed to the back 3 with an out and out attacking mid coming on...

Same goes for Murillo on the right...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's a good question which basically begs what is our best 11 right now today and/or at full health.  At full health I think our best starting 11 is:

-----------BWP

---Royer-Sasha-Davis

-----------Felipe

Taxi-------------------------Adams

-----Long-Collin-Escobar

-----------Robles

Right NOW?

---------------BWP

-------Muyl-Sasha-Davis

Taxi--------------------------Adams

-----Escobar-Long-Murillo

--------------Robles

We've only seen Keita play once and odds are he doesn't settle in till next season.  Tell you what though having Keita, Veron, and Etienne on the bench ain't half bad.  If we get into a throw the kitchen sink scenario that's pretty darn good.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Tell you what though having Keita, Veron, and Etienne on the bench ain't half bad.

Would be even less bad if one of them started and Muyl was on the bench.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would be even less bad if one of them started and Muyl was on the bench.

We have no idea what we have with Keita.  I'd like to see more sub appearances before dropping anyone for him.  He has to earn his minutes like everyone else.

Veron sometimes gets a goal.  Etienne can shake a defender and get off a pass.  Everything else they do is well below par IMO.  And there's no way in hell I'm putting a guy out there at kickoff that won't defend and/or doesn't know where to be on the field at any given time.

Muyl doesn't do anything great, but overall he's a better player to start a game with because he does everything fairly well.  When you get into halftime you take a look at what the team needs (if anything) and he's one of the first guys that could come off.  I'll give you that.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's likely still  not fully fit but anyone else think Keita lacked energy out there?

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

We have no idea what we have with Keita.  I'd like to see more sub appearances before dropping anyone for him.  He has to earn his minutes like everyone else.

Veron sometimes gets a goal.  Etienne can shake a defender and get off a pass.  Everything else they do is well below par IMO.  And there's no way in hell I'm putting a guy out there at kickoff that won't defend and/or doesn't know where to be on the field at any given time.

Muyl doesn't do anything great, but overall he's a better player to start a game with because he does everything fairly well.  When you get into halftime you take a look at what the team needs (if anything) and he's one of the first guys that could come off.  I'll give you that.

Meh, a lot of goals have been scored from Muyl's side of the pitch this season. And I've seen Veron high press with decent effectiveness, both in the playoffs last season and this season. I get Veron and Etienne don't have Muyl's workrate, but in the new formation those attacking players don't need to track back like they did in tr 4-2-3-1. Muyl offers nothIn right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users