Meara / Taxi Lade Murillo / Keita Etienne / Veron

vs SKC

BWP

Keita-Sacha-Davis

Felipe

Adams-Taxi-Escobar-Long-Murillo

Meara

Robles / Zizzo Lade / Muyl Etienne Metzger / Veron 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i would start veron vs Philly and BWP vs SKC.  

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Think Royer is going to be on the bench for sure against both Philly and KC. He's been practicing full.  Curious to see who starts against KC at keeper.  Marsch said he was thinking about it still last week some time. Probably better juju if Meara starts but Robles is the better player by a good margin.

Question is which game Keita starts.  It's either Philly or KC.  I'd rather KC personally.  

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Looks like Royer is back to full training.  I think Royer should come in for 15 minutes at the end of the game to test his sharpness.  If he looks decent, I think we might have to roll the dice and start him in KC because the offense has looked mostly anemic in his absence and KC hardly concedes goals at home.

https://www.newyorkr...el-amir-murillo

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Gonna need three points here.  We will not survive a ATL team if the season ended right now. Thank goodness we already went there.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Could very much see us drawing or losing this game.  First of all, we seem to play badly against Philly no matter what the situation is.  Secondly, that team views us as their main rival so this is always the most important game of the season for them.  

The biggest reason though is that the team is naturally going to be focused on the KC game.  Teams just generally under-perform before a big game like that.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

it's been a month since our last win (the Cincy Open cup game). It would be nice to shake that off with a convincing win at home. Predicting a 3-1 win

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,277 posts
  • Supports:Metro

First of all, we seem to play badly against Philly no matter what the situation is.

We're 4-1 against Philly in the last 5 games (Counting OC win), and 14-8-3 all-time.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Get a friggin cleansheet. That's all I care about. If we cant figure out how to get some cleansheets we're doomed.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

We're 4-1 against Philly in the last 5 games (Counting OC win), and 14-8-3 all-time.

Wow, better than I expected.  Felt like we struggled for a while there but I guess it's turned more than I thought.

Either way, think the guys will be more focused on the KC game and we always get PHilly's best shot.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,621 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Wow, better than I expected.  Felt like we struggled for a while there but I guess it's turned more than I thought.

Either way, think the guys will be more focused on the KC game and we always get PHilly's best shot.

seems worse because they have beaten us in big games

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,845 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

2 USOC losses, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Home field matters in the knockout round. Since the knockout round / wild card started in 2011 home teams are...

13-3 (Montreal in 2016, Houston in 2012, Red Bulls in 2011)

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Home field matters in the knockout round. Since the knockout round / wild card started in 2011 home teams are...

13-3 (Montreal in 2016, Houston in 2012, Red Bulls in 2011)

I agree, we definitely want to finish 3rd or 4th and host that knockout round game.  We are in position to be able to finish above Chicago and Columbus...I think it's likely us and Atlanta finish 3/4...but it's in no way guaranteed.

Even still, winning the Open Cup would be huge.  We have to go for that victory.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I agree, we definitely want to finish 3rd or 4th and host that knockout round game.  We are in position to be able to finish above Chicago and Columbus...I think it's likely us and Atlanta finish 3/4...but it's in no way guaranteed.

Even still, winning the Open Cup would be huge.  We have to go for that victory.

Oh absolutely agree, I want the open cup more this week than 3 points, just saw a few people talking about how home field doesn't matter for the playoffs, which is true to a degree in the later rounds but it definitely matters for the knockout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users