150 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I really don't see how he can be accused of dodging anything.

Have you actually ever been to a game in Portland? Because your comments on Seeing Red were of someone who has never experienced what they have to offer. You should try it some time. They absolutely get it. Red Bull doesn't. - Laura Perry – Point Pleasant

A: Yes. I have actually attended several games, some of them before the team joined MLS. As a matter of fact, I consulted with the Timbers in their transition to Major League Soccer. They are a great franchise in the making that provides a premium experience in a market with the unique characteristics that Portland presents.
He answered the question, and the fact that he actually has been there, and was there well before he was hired by us - is something very few on this board can say. It gives him much more credibility than just being an "NBA marketing guy." His corporate speak was just a way of saying that the Portland market isn't New York market, and what works there can't be expected to work as well here. Who could reasonably say otherwise?

Several times this year there have been games that were announced as being "sold out". Yet due to the large number of no shows the stadium looks substantially less than full. This seems to be a constant thread when it comes to the sideline seats that get the most time on the TV cameras. (.... remainder deleted out of disgust). Ed Kanitra – Hightstown

A: I agree that that the no-show rate was a big challenge for us last season and we have been working on finding a solution. In the meantime, there are a couple of variables to consider that will have a direct impact in this area: a) many of the seats you point out are owned by new season ticket holders, b) with the higher value of the ticket, we expect a better attendance rate and c) a large amount of those seats were sold to ticket brokers in the past, which is not the case in 2012.
It remains to be seen, but its hard to argue with the logic... though many here have and will - without offering a better solution themselves (other than the change-the-name mortuss equus)

I'm a season ticket holder in Section 112. Why did you substantially raise my ticket price AND take away access to the stadium pub? Should I consider just buying individual game tickets next year instead of a season ticket? Your actions suggest that is what I should do. Hans Hummel – Maplewood

A: Access to the Bulls Corner has been scaled down to only Premium Midfield members due to a simple functionality of the space. A 50 minute wait to order food and drinks was not the premium experience we wanted to provide. However, we will be holding events for season ticket holders in Bulls Corner on selected matches for post game and a new hospitality area is being constructed for all season ticket holders that will provide proper space and service.

Again... the pub was obviously not designed to operate at that volume, it was always promoted as a one-year perk, and its nice to know they'll have some opportunities for those of us who are interested. I also doubt that the people who willingly pay pub prices are the same ones most upset about the new ticket prices. More importantly, spending money on constructing a "new hospitality area" is very interesting and not something we've heard before.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
"I'm a season ticket holder in Section 112. Why did you substantially raise my ticket price AND take away access to the stadium pub? Should I consider just buying individual game tickets next year instead of a season ticket? Your actions suggest that is what I should do. Hans Hummel – Maplewood

A: Access to the Bulls Corner has been scaled down to only Premium Midfield members due to a simple functionality of the space. A 50 minute wait to order food and drinks was not the premium experience we wanted to provide. However, we will be holding events for season ticket holders in Bulls Corner on selected matches for post game and a new hospitality area is being constructed for all season ticket holders that will provide proper space and service."

Lie.

I've been a Bulls Corner member since day 1. Never had to wait 50 minutes for food or drinks. Never felt overcrowded and could always get a table or spot at the bar. If they felt they needed to more help then hire 3 more waiters and a cook.

Stopy lying. You've offended my intelligence.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I've been a Bulls Corner member since day 1. Never had to wait 50 minutes for food or drinks. Never felt overcrowded and could always get a table or spot at the bar.

I've never had a bad wait once I'm actually inside, but getting in can take 50min. When the place reaches capacity, they form a line outside and its been crazy a few times.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Sorry to hear that. I've litereally never waited 1 minute to get into the pub my entire life.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Sorry to hear that. I've litereally never waited 1 minute to get into the pub my entire life.

Well the fact that someone else has kinda goes against your "lying" theory...

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

"I'm a season ticket holder in Section 112. Why did you substantially raise my ticket price AND take away access to the stadium pub? Should I consider just buying individual game tickets next year instead of a season ticket? Your actions suggest that is what I should do. Hans Hummel – Maplewood

A: Access to the Bulls Corner has been scaled down to only Premium Midfield members due to a simple functionality of the space. A 50 minute wait to order food and drinks was not the premium experience we wanted to provide. However, we will be holding events for season ticket holders in Bulls Corner on selected matches for post game and a new hospitality area is being constructed for all season ticket holders that will provide proper space and service."

Lie.

I've been a Bulls Corner member since day 1. Never had to wait 50 minutes for food or drinks. Never felt overcrowded and could always get a table or spot at the bar. If they felt they needed to more help then hire 3 more waiters and a cook.

Stopy lying. You've offended my intelligence.

WTF???? Do I have to pull up to dozens of posts from people bitching about how ungodly awful and slow the service was in the Pub???? Twice I just threw cash down and left because the game was starting and I couldn't even get a bill. Unles we got there as soon as it opened, we gave up ordering food and just did drinks, until the last couple games when enough other people had given up that the crowds were manageable. Maybe someone getting there early and sitting at the bar had a different experience, but the problems with the service there were massive and well documented.

That's some serious, shameless, revisionist hater alternate reality you're showing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
There were tons of threads last season about how awful service was, especially at the pub.

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA
The only thing good about the pub was the warm bathroom I had access to on cold days!!

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

That's some serious, shameless, revisionist hater alternate reality you're showing.

I'm obviously a little slow. Can't believe it took me this long to realize you are a Red Bulls employee.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Can't believe it took me this long to realize you are a Red Bulls employee.

Neither can I...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
During the USOC game at home against Colorado, I was the only person ordering food prior to the game. Got in there and order 30 mins prior to kickoff. Food came out just as We Love You ended, approx 10 mins into the match.

I was the only one ordering food, mind you.

Intolerable, and inefficient. There is no corporate speak to rectify that at all.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm obviously a little slow. Can't believe it took me this long to realize you are a Red Bulls employee.

Is this a joke or is making a reasonable argument in favor of the club really that dangerous around here?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

During the USOC game at home against Colorado, I was the only person ordering food prior to the game. Got in there and order 30 mins prior to kickoff. Food came out just as We Love You ended, approx 10 mins into the match.

Intolerable, and inefficient. There is no corporate speak to rectify that at all.

Sounds like the problem was incompetent staff rather than limiting the number of folks in the Pub.

Regardless, it seems that there is dissatisfaction within the Pub from previous posts although I have never experienced it. When I'm wrong, I raise my hand and apologize. Sorry.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Amen brother, I don't think I've ever seen food services managed as badly as that.

G is not seeing lines because he must be the only one showing up anymore. I gave up a long time ago.

They also need to ramp the quality of it if they want to make it special. For my perspective I'd rather see them shut it down and give me a discount on my tix rather than paying for the incompetency.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Is this a joke or is making a reasonable argument in favor of the club really that dangerous around here?

Can't speak for the Pub stuff, I frankly don't give a shit about the pub access. But anyone trying to defend his insulting ticket polciy position deserves a frontal kick to the nuts performed by Anderson Silva.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users