• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think the biggest thing is that we need a formation with 2 6's and one of those 6's has to be Casseres.  Kid is a good player.  Wild too because watching RB 2, he showed some things to like, but didn't seem as good as he's been with the big team.

The killer is Kaku being out because even when he's playing horribly, he still does something better than most of our team.  And that's attack with aggressive passes.  

Biggest issue with the team in addition to effort levels, is the fact that even when we do score goals, it rarely involves BWP and that's a HUGE problem.  He's gotta be better.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
--------BWP
--------Rza
Royer------------Omir
-----Davis--CCJ
Taxi--parker--long --Murillo
----------robles

Rza has the ability to make that final pass - might as well slot him there replacing Kaku since I'm not sold on Bezecourt there

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Were away so not expecting a good result here. Happy with a draw....

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Royer-White
Etienne-Davis-Omir
CCJ
Taxi-long-Parker-Duncan
Robles

Can we go sign some real players now?

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Casseres' spot in the starting lineup is his to lose. Why hasn't Ivan played at all? He looked pretty good in the time he has played this year. And again - Lade should not be starting. Would rather try Tarek or even Duncan at LB if we need to. 

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

--------BWP
--------Rza
Royer------------Omir
-----Davis--CCJ
Taxi--parker--long --Murillo
----------robles

Rza has the ability to make that final pass - might as well slot him there replacing Kaku since I'm not sold on Bezecourt there

I am not sold on RZa , maybe moving him up forward might help because he is sorely lacking on  defense

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

We need to get back to .500.  This where it starts. NE definitely beatable. And Foxboro no longer problematic for us like in the past. We can walk out with a result.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I am not sold on RZa , maybe moving him up forward might help because he is sorely lacking on  defense

I'm not buying it that Rza is terrible on defense.   I like him as a 6.   He gets in passing lanes to break things up, and can connect to the attack.  He's small, but not much smaller than Dax.   He's got Parker and Long behind him.   Taking everything into consideration, I am putting it on Armas' inability to define and train roles for Rza and whomever is next to him.    Are we going with two 6's?   Holding and attacking center mids?  A diamond?   Some sophisticated dynamic situational hybrid formation?   You can't tell from minute to minute what anyone's role is out there.   When everyone on the team is suddenly looking bad, it is what it is.   It's the coach.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
I like rza pushed up further central. Caseres and davis need to figure it out behind him.

5 year plan

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Yeah Rza strikes me as an upgraded version of Beze. He is not a true D-mid and not a true #10 - but he plays that 2-way role very well.  I think if you slot him at #10, he will make many of the passes that Kaku does, while at the same time offering more on defense than Kaku does.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

We need to get back to .500.  This where it starts. NE definitely beatable. And Foxboro no longer problematic for us like in the past. We can walk out with a result.

The falcon has spoken and hoping the eagle can land this weekend and fly away with an away win

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I'd like to try Royer at number 10, personally. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The foxboro house of horrors. Not the place you want this team going to in desperate need of 3 points.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'd like to try Royer at number 10, personally. 

Would like to see that too, especially with Kaku off. Rza or Royer at the 10, try all the wingers out wide until something clicks.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Wouldn't be crazy about that with Royer.  He's not the best pure passer and it might hurt his ability to get on the end of those crosses and that maybe his best trait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users