• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Some think the value of NYCFC will keep climbing. What is Red Bull thinking with their New York franchise? While it may never have the cachet of Leipzig playing in the Bundesliga, it could be the most valuable club in their soccer portfolio. Why not invest in some marquee players, build a real contender, and try to fill the stadium? It will take time but being big in the New York market is as big as you can get. It will pay for itself. They can still pursue their development strategy, just go back to the Thierry Henry approach. https://www.google.c...lue-655-million

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
How many times does this have to be answered Red Bull have a very clear sporting philosphy marquee players are not a part of that

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

How many times does this have to be answered Red Bull have a very clear sporting philosphy marquee players are not a part of that

I know that, my point is it is time for them to rethink it. They were content to use marquee players here through 2014. This current strategy isnt working here. They arent sending large numbers of developed players to Europe. Their attendance is declining each season. Their cross-river rival has now beaten them to a Cup. What are they really getting out of this?

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I know that, my point is it is time for them to rethink it. They were content to use marquee players here through 2014. This strategy isnt working. They arent sending large numbers of developed players to Europe. Their attendance is declining each season. Their cross-river rival has now beaten them to a Cup. What are they really getting out of this?

2013 is around when they made the strategy shift. We have won 2 shields in that time

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

2013 is around when they made the strategy shift. We have won 2 shields in that time

Those Shields were won by BWP, Sacha, Robles, and Dax. Not exactly the youth movement. Do you think the strategy has worked since 2018? Do you think were winning any silverware in the near term? I dont unless they sign some experienced DP level players.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I know that, my point is it is time for them to rethink it. They were content to use marquee players here through 2014. This current strategy isnt working here. They arent sending large numbers of developed players to Europe. Their attendance is declining each season. Their cross-river rival has now beaten them to a Cup. What are they really getting out of this?

How much has the value of the franchise increased since they bought it? How much does it go up annually?

This is a great investment for them. Why sell now when the value continues to rise?

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Those Shields were won by BWP, Sacha, Robles, and Dax. Not exactly the youth movement. Do you think the strategy has worked since 2018? Do you think were winning any silverware in the near term? I dont unless they sign some experienced DP level players.

The last two Shields havent been won with a youth movement, but the hey were won without an Henry or other marquee player. They dont necessarily need to go back to the Henry days, but they do need to go back to the Marsch era of teams.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

How much has the value of the franchise increased since they bought it? How much does it go up annually?

This is a great investment for them. Why sell now when the value continues to rise?

Team is valued at $505 million. Thats just 17th in MLS. Read the article. NYCFC can possibly increase its value by tremendous multiples. They are positioning themselves to be a global club based in New York. Why wouldnt Red Bull want to emulate that? I dont think RBG should sell. I think they should invest in the first team, not just in building newer and larger training facilities. Playing in an empty 25,000 seat arena feeds on itself. Its a death spiral. RBG could spend in the top 10 in MLS with its pocket lint. Sign a veteran with name recognition to put butts in the seats and sell more merchandise. Dont just trot a minor league team out there and sit on your increasing franchise value, which is being held back by the strict adherence to the current development philosophy. Not to mention has kept us from legitimately contending for any silverware for three years now.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Metro

The New York market for mls must be amusing for don garber. One team operates like a small market baseball team in a rural smaller scale city. The other is a bunch of nomads you might as well say will have an emotional farewell from yankee stadium in the 2030’s when land is finally somehow available and the others teams in the league mutually cry tears of joy with the nycfc supporters. Granted if nomad fc can add more stars and cups to its name we might see them get a stadium sooner.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

New York market for mls must be amusing for don garber.

Perhaps he disliked what RB did after buying the franchise, and decided to drop a second team into what should be a marquee market for MLS, along with LA.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users