59 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yes and no. If you go to all the games, and have cheaper seats, sure. Ive got 5 sideline seats, close to $900 each per year, or $4500 total. Thats something I really cant afford. For a few years after the stadium opened I was able to resell a few marquee games cover 75% of the cost, and go cheap to the rest.

Its been a slow squeeze, but each year I get busier, able to go to fewer games, and I get less for the ones I do resell. Last year was pretty ugly, I was able to go to only 5 games, and I only recovered about $2500 selling the others, and the 5 games I went to had plenty of $20 or less seats available on StubHub.

This year Ive only been able to make one game, but Ive recovered about $2400. (I sell ahead, my July tix are gone already). Its tough to say how this turns out, I may not be able to make any more games, but get most of it back. I could also see ending up $1000 short, and in effect paying $1000 for 5 seats against Chicago. Only reasons Im even considering hanging in are the benefits(my kids LOVE the autograph sessions), and the fact that Im in row 2, if I come back at later date it will take a while to work back to that good of seats.

Yeah that's definitely a different story. My seats are in 101 and I'm almost always able to sell them for face value plus I really only miss a few games each year anyway.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Only reasons Im even considering hanging in are the benefits(my kids LOVE the autograph sessions), and the fact that Im in row 2, if I come back at later date it will take a while to work back to that good of seats.

I mean you're literally paying a premium... for premium seats. Sure, it would be nice if you could also make money or break even, but these aren't the Lakers or Rangers, so not a huge surprise there if it doesn't always work out.

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY, Arsenal

I mean you're literally paying a premium... for premium seats. Sure, it would be nice if you could also make money or break even, but these aren't the Lakers or Rangers, so not a huge surprise there if it doesn't always work out.

I get it, but my issue is really that the premium product here isnt worth the price they are charging, judging the worth by the resale value. Sure, on the one hand, try finding 5 row 2 near center single event seats to anything else in the NY area, and $1000 probably isnt too far out of line. On the other hand $150 on stubhub and you are probably in to 90% of the RedBull games.

If there were some sort of package where I could get floating tickets for 2 or 3 games + still get access to red member events, Id probably jump on that. Two years ago, when I was also wavering, my rep pointed out that I could basically create this package for myself, by buying much cheaper seats, reselling them all, then buying midfield seats on resale or as season additional for the few games I actually attend. Thats just such a hassle though, Im really not interested in that.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

My shoes finally arrived last week. Not my style, I'll throw them in the closet and maybe in 20 years it'll be some sort of collectible.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Noted this in the Need-a-Ticket thread:
https://www.mlb.com/...ials/flash-sale
Any make-good for the STHs?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
The ST rewards look rather slight:
Choice of headphones, a cap, or a tumbler.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Even the Bulls want out!
https://nypost.com/2...state-new-york/

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Even the Bulls want out!
https://nypost.com/2...state-new-york/

Made my day. Git along little doggies!

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

The ST rewards look rather slight:
Choice of headphones, a cap, or a tumbler.

The headphones is the only item that looks decent.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

If you decline all of the gifts (which I did) you get a $25 voucher for concessions or the Bullshop.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

If you decline ... you get a $25 voucher ...

Are any of the items worth $25?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

the headphones are in the $15 range.  Would assume the mug is less. The cap is a New Era cap which would probably be the closest to $25.  I am getting the cap - but didn't realize you could decline all 3 in exchange for a voucher. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Just cancelled mine. Not really worth it for the number of games I make it, plus have not been able to sell or give away the tickets for the ones I could not make

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Renewing out of convenience. Still pretty cheap to sit in the South Ward and it is nice to know that I can go to any game I want without the hassle of buying tickets

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Renewing out of convenience. Still pretty cheap to sit in the South Ward and it is nice to know that I can go to any game I want without the hassle of buying tickets

This is how I feel, I still enjoy going to the games and the price is definitely right. Usually don't have a problem selling tickets either and if I do the ticket exchange program is nice to pick tickets to another game for and then sell those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users