What was the most outrageous thing you have seen while playing?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

What was the most outrageous thing:

1) you have seen a soccer Mom do?

2) what is one of the crazier things you have seen done on the field?

1) what is one of the crazier things you have seen a soccer Mom do?

Fight broke out and then expanded to others.  A mom (from our team ?) ran into the middle of the field swinging their pocketbook like a mace!!!!!

2) what is one of the crazier things you have seen done on the field?

This might have been the start to the above.

Forward on our team was like Amado Guevara - talented but hot temper.

Weak ankles that defender kept intentional kicking when he was standing in front of him.  He told him you do it again that is it.  Guy kicked him.  He turned around and punched him (maybe bottom of palm) in the nose.  Explosion of blood. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I gotta go a little off track and toss out the time I played against a guy in a semi-competitive rec league wearing some of the tightest skinny jeans I've ever seen. Never been more intimidated by an opposing player in my life.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I gotta go a little off track and toss out the time I played against a guy in a semi-competitive rec league wearing some of the tightest skinny jeans I've ever seen. Never been more intimidated by an opposing player in my life.

lol - that is crazy on the field!

you in the baggy MC Hammer pants couldn't keep up?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I had a mom yell at me back in my high school playing days for saving her kid's shot over and over again and her punk ass kid getting in my face after he tried to talk shit so on a corner I came out and leveled him. But then my own mother shut that lady down real quick. 

Craziest thing I've seen done on the field was also back in HS when me and my team rolled up to a game against Irvington, and the referee showed up and got out of his car and clouds of smoke billowed out from his car and he reeked. Reffed the game, and my team lost. I tried to find that guy after the game, because it ended up being my last competitive game for my team. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

The fact that in zogsports if you beat the offside trap too well they'll still whistle it because, hey this ain't real soccer slow down Eto'o!

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Long time ago during a mens league game on Randalls Island, there was a little skirmish going on and one of my teammates pulled a knife out of his sock.  Apparently, he kept it there while he was playing.  Luckily, he didn't use it, and then tempers settled down some.  It must have happened at the end of the game, because I'm pretty sure we didn't continue playing afterwards.

Also, watching a game in the over-30 league that I play in, just mostly hanging out on the sideline drinking beer.  Halftime whistle blows and a guy collapses with a heart attack.  There was a guy in the game who started chest compressions, and there was also a nurse there who was doing mouth to mouth.  Just through pure luck, there was an AED  there, and the guy got shocked twice.  Finally, the ambulance shows up and takes him to the hospital.  About an hour later, we got a call from the hospital that he was awake, was going to have a stent put in, and would basically be OK.  This was about 10 years ago; maybe a year ago I saw the guy playing in a game.

I don't know if this really qualifies as outrageous, but seeing crack vials on the field at the Dust Bowl in Brooklyn back in the 1980s sticks in my mind.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

quite a story about the guy who suffered a heart attack. wow. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I got another one - not as outrageous

Played on a field with a gravel track running through the center.  Kid accidentally slid and got a load of gravel under his skin. ugh :-(

Also RedBullScouse DHatch - saw a guy playing in indoor mens league took a hard kick to the shin without shinguards and saw his leg flex mid lower leg (thankfully no bone through the skin).  Wasn't that crazy of a league but I think him and another guy were really going at it hard.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't know if this really qualifies as outrageous, but seeing crack vials on the field at the Dust Bowl in Brooklyn back in the 1980s sticks in my mind.

I play on the Nike fields in Chinatown often and you get some interesting hecklers... The junkies are usually harmless but the guy trying to slyly jerk off to our coed game was an unpleasant one to deal with...

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I've got another one, I wasn't personally involved but I did hear about it.

This happened in a kid's tournament game involving two boys teams, maybe around 14 years old.  The father of one of the keepers was on the sideline, near the end line where his son was in goal.  The father was taking pictures, I guess of his son but maybe also of other kids in the game.  Some of the parents from the other team get bent out of shape that this guy was taking pictures of kids (I guess they thought it was a little creepy), so they approach him and proceed to beat him up.  Not too bad, I don't think, but the guy's son was pretty much right there watching his father get attacked.  The guy who got beat up sued the other team's club and coach, and the club that ran the tournament, and I think he got a small settlement.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

father was taking pictures ... parents from the other team ... beat him up.

This woman posted video of a photog on Instagram:
https://www.google.c.../amp/tdna174605

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
College game. Our lone striker buried one from like 35 yards out. Fucking laser. Immediately turns around and starts shit with an opposing player that results in a straight red. Storms off. Goes right past the bench (and our coach) and just keeps walking. It was an away game. We were a very VERY long bus ride from home. No traveling fans. No idea how he got home. Asked him and he just said someone gave him a ride.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I was playing in a playoff game in HS. The team we were playing against injured a few guys of our guys in a few dirty plays. Elbow to face that knocked a kid out and a dirty slide tackle that resulted in a dislocated shoulder. My team was pissed because the ref didnt call those actions fouls. As the game went on the game became more aggressive. My team lost due to a freak goal and we were eliminated

At the end of the game, it was a requirement to line up and shake everyones hand.

During the hand shake, a few of my teammates started a massive brawl instead of shaking the other person's hand. It was crazy. Punches were flying everywhere. The ref finally did take action and suspended multiple players for the next game. Roughly 8 guys per team. that was a huge blow to the other team since they had another game to play. My team was eliminated.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There was this one time, I made a great run into the box, perfectly positioned for a pass with an open net in front of me, but the asshole with the ball took the shot himself, from a terrible angle, and missed.  So outrageous.  I was quite miffed and said some coarse words under my breath.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I used to ref games when I was in high school. There was little to no guidance for the rules for younger leagues (U12 or so). Once reffed a match where one coach thought that we enforced the offside rule and one didn't. We did. I think I screwed his entire gameplan. Was berated literally the entire game for calling obvious offide calls.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users