26 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

To be fair, hes still 22. Same age as a lot of the guys who come through college, and Xolos training is probably just as good if not better than the fucked up NCAA system.

I probably bet my life that xolos training is way higher than ncaa. The system is play 2/3 times a week and do light training other days cause you play so much.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Not expecting much from him. He barely got playing time for div 2 in mexico.

Although folks say he will be on rbny squad. I think he will have to prove in rb ii that he belongs

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Pretty excited for him to be back. Keep in mind he was recently in the USMNT camp. The skills are there. The maturity is my bigger concern.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe we can turn him into Young Grella.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Pretty excited for him to be back. Keep in mind he was recently in the USMNT camp. The skills are there. The maturity is my bigger concern.

Meh, Diskerud has 37 Caps... not sure how much a call up means.

That said, I am looking forward to him being back and hope he gets a legit amount of minutes, not just spot starts in midweek matches with experimental lineups.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

The reason I am not excited abt this is because this was around the time period Klinsmann was bashing mls and called in ibara because he couldn't tell the difference between mls and nasl.

If he was in mls and received more playing time... then he prob wouldnt have been called into camp.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

what's the scouting report on him? quick? poacher? good dribbler?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

what's the scouting report on him? quick? poacher? good dribbler?

Quick and very good with the ball at his feet. Will beat defenders 1:1 often. His finishing was often telegraphed, but when Hercules Gomez was his teammate, he had posted something about them working on that on social media. First touch shot on crosses needs some work.

@CurseofCaricola

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Not expecting much from him. He barely got playing time for div 2 in mexico.

Although folks say he will be on rbny squad. I think he will have to prove in rb ii that he belongs

My bet for backup striker is that they throw Bonomo, Moreno, and a couple of draft picks/trialists onto the field at training camp/preseason and then wait for the cream to rise to the top. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Quick and very good with the ball at his feet. Will beat defenders 1:1 often. His finishing was often telegraphed, but when Hercules Gomez was his teammate, he had posted something about them working on that on social media. First touch shot on crosses needs some work.

Is he tough, does he have a good left foot, can he deliver a good cross? Chris Albright went from forward to wingback and did a great job. Maybe Moreno can be converted and solve our needs.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

Is he tough, does he have a good left foot, can he deliver a good cross? Chris Albright went from forward to wingback and did a great job. Maybe Moreno can be converted and solve our needs.

I really am interested to see if Ethan Kutler does this for us. Towards the beginning of the USL season, Kutler was bad. By the playoffs it looked like he could make the move to MLS and kept Noah Powder on the bench.

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Really like tat th club doesnt seem to hold a grudge against guys like Moreno, Metzger etc. for jumping ship when theyre young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users