What kind of budget do we have for the summer?

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I would love to get firmino and Lucas moura then try to sell Vanzier to unload a DP spot. Both Brazilians would boost the attack plus would help bring people to the stadium. Dante Vanzeir not the type of striker that could play all alone up top. Firmino is obviously better in talent but would fit perfectly  in our system. Imagine an attack of Morgan-luqinhas-moura with firmino up top. BUTTTTT we know Austria won't support that dream when we have Barlow, burke, Manoel (3 stooges).

I think it is Schnieder going to Austria and saying hey Miami signed Messi - we need to step out game up - 

wondering what kind of budget he has for this summer.

Again, I do not think he is adverse to signing older players.

Also, if the commercial team wants a boost this is the sort of signing and timing to do it.  But then again they will probably follow the rising tide raises all boats method.

Firmino & Moura can probably make bank if they goes to Saudi Arabia - but then again he could do that in 3 years. 

Who knows with Messi signing it give the whole league a new halo.  But again unlikely although the transfer fee $0 is right.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

I think it is Schnieder going to Austria and saying hey Miami signed Messi - we need to step out game up - 

Also, if the commercial team wants a boost this is the sort of signing and timing to do it.  But then again they will probably follow the rising tide raises all boats method.

Firmino & Moura can probably make bank if they goes to Saudi Arabia - but then again he could do that in 3 years. 

Who knows with Messi signing it give the whole league a new halo.  But again unlikely although the transfer fee $0 is right.

Thelwell refused to bring in players over 25. I don't think Schneider has the same rule cause he did bring in burke. None of us really know what the FO is planning for transfers this summer but hopefully they try upgrading unlike last year when they didn't do anything. Schneider did state we need to upgrade and he complained about the salary cap. SO put up or shut up time. Can't complain about the cap when our salary cap is bottom of the league.

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

I think our budget will be exactly a used pair of pumas and a dog-eared VHS copy of Air Bud: World Pup. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Open DP spot and at least one open u22 spot if you believe the roster page.

The complaints about the salary cap falls on deaf ears when you dont even maximize the roster you have.

Hamletts incompetence + Red Bulls indifference puts us where we are at present. The system covered a lot of cracks, but it is no longer unique and most everyone in the league is capable and willing to splash the cash.

Until Red Bull decides otherwise, they wont, we are destined for also ran status unless they hit on multiple RB2 young internationals.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Open DP spot and at least one open u22 spot if you believe the roster page.

The complaints about the salary cap falls on deaf ears when you dont even maximize the roster you have.

Hamletts incompetence + Red Bulls indifference puts us where we are at present. The system covered a lot of cracks, but it is no longer unique and most everyone in the league is capable and willing to splash the cash.

Until Red Bull decides otherwise, they wont, we are destined for also ran status unless they hit on multiple RB2 young internationals.

believe its one or the other

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I am sure there will be plenty of money to sign a few more 18 year old Ugandans,

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Johnny_Metro

Johnny_Metro

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

Probably enough to get a primo sausage sandwich and a beer. 

sect:130

row:11

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Probably enough to get a primo sausage sandwich and a beer. 

Not at stadium prices

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Dont know about budget but this article indicates CCJ rejected several offers and will leave end of year but could leave summer if RBNY have replacement lined up
Do we need to replace CCJ as I think stroud can hold it down with Amaya/Edelman/yearwood

Need is a 10 or 8

https://theathletic....fuentes-mbaizo/

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Dont know about budget but this article indicates CCJ rejected several offers and will leave end of year but could leave summer if RBNY have replacement lined up
Do we need to replace CCJ as I think stroud can hold it down with Amaya/Edelman/yearwood

Need is a 10 or 8

No reason to have him leave early, because we won't spend any money we might get.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Contract up at the end of the year:
Casseres Jr.
Ndam

Club options:
Duncan
Edelman
Harper
Reid
Nocita
Marcucci

Unknown:
Barlow
Fernandez
Yearwood
Reyes
D Nealis
Carmona
Sserwadda
Estrela

Everyone else is under contract in 2024.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Need is a 10 or 8

Getting nothing for CCJ would be an all timer.  Talented players clearly do not want to resign for this team.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Getting nothing for CCJ would be an all timer.  Talented players clearly do not want to resign for this team.

Morgan did.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's been here since 2018 and he's on his second contract with the team, I'm not going to get too torn up if he wants to try something else. When guys are consistently leaving without ever extending at all, that's when some alarm bells will start to ring for me.

Even from a cap perspective I'm not sure how much value moving CCJ would have. Six months left on his contract and transfer rumors aren't exactly piping hot, I'm not sure we're going to see huge seven-figure offers. Personally I think he's the best CM we have, so I'd be fine having him help out the team this year and leave for free.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Contract up at the end of the year:
Casseres Jr.
Ndam

Club options:
Duncan
Edelman
Harper
Reid
Nocita
Marcucci

Unknown:
Barlow
Fernandez
Yearwood
Reyes
D Nealis
Carmona
Sserwadda
Estrela

Everyone else is under contract in 2024.

Barlow being on some indeterminate contract is one of the understatedly wildest things this team has done. There was never any announcement of a contract extension only that his option was picked up post 2020.

He has to have an option year coming up this winter or next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users