This dawned on me on my drive home. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hope they saved some goals for this game. I thought we were the better team in our season opener against Toronto but we were unlucky and not sharp enough while TFC took advantage of their chances.

We got 2 wins in a row now and hope we can carry the momentum into this game. A win here would be huge. Going into the Copa America break with 3 wins in a row may really be key for our season going forward and will go a long way to digging ourselves out the hole we dug with the 6 losses in 7 games we had. 

Lade's has earned more minutes. Don't know if we want to continue with Duvall but he's done well enough and don't think they wanna throw Baah into the fire right from the start. 

No need to change anything else with the team. Muyl and Veron give us offensive options off the bench. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I just want to say, I think Collin was just what the team needed.

While he's not the fastest guy, we've definitely seen some great emergency defending from him, and almost every single time boy city played the ball in the air near him he was able to get it back out to our attack.

He's also the first guy in the other team's face when shit goes down.

Did anyone else see him cover up Robles one of those plays when the keeper had to go to ground?

Hopefully we get more of the same in this game.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

is there a chance giovinco misses this game if he gets called up into italy's camp?

5 year plan

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

good question, but we know Jozy's out, so that helps us. How about Michael Bradley for USMNT?  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Interesting decisions for Marsch now that the team is healthy again. I kind of hope he rides the hot hand and keeps Duvall and Lade on the back line.

The team has 13 points from the last 6 games, that's a Supporter's Shield level points per game. Obviously that's out of our reach after the initial slump but a good indication we're right back at the level that we were last year.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

is there a chance giovinco misses this game if he gets called up into italy's camp?

Giovinco has been dogshit lately.  38 shots and 2 goals in the last 5 games.

If he's called in, then I'd expect him to miss it.  Gashi was out for Colorado's game this weekend due to his call into Albania's camp.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Giovinco has been dogshit lately.  38 shots and 2 goals in the last 5 games.

If he's called in, then I'd expect him to miss it.  Gashi was out for Colorado's game this weekend due to his call into Albania's camp.

I thought that stat was a typo, but no, Giovinco's really on pace for 213 shots this year, which is just insane. Last year, the player with the most shots in the league -- besides Giovinco -- was David Villa, with 138. In 2014, the leading shot taker was Keane, with 122.

Toronto's truly a one-man team. If Giovino's feeling it, he can tear us apart. If he's not, like against Columbus yesterday, they can't do shit.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Toronto's truly a one-man team. If Giovino's feeling it, he can tear us apart. If he's not, like against Columbus yesterday, they can't do shit.

Which is hilarious because they're the biggest spending team in the league.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Which is hilarious because they're the biggest spending team in the league.

which is also hilarious because LA has twice as many players you've ever heard of.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

We had 3 games in eight days and just put a lot of pain into the squad with knocks, elbows & flying hipchecks from our opponents. It's a home game, you're not trying to tank it, but I'd be ok with them resting some of the main guys & giving the kids a bit of a shot here. I know they'll have a full week off before next week, but I'm okay with more of the Sean Davis, Muyl, Veron, etc. guys getting a start. I know we're on a good run in our last few, but it's also a long season. Gotta keep that in mind as well. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Stay with same lineup, formation and D that got 2 shutouts in 1 wk. unless any tweaks.
Sean Davis should see some time I hope.

Get the win, get further into playoff position., get heathy and the game on post brak!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users