• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Well, with only 3 games left and good spacing between the 2nd and 3rd game, we don't have to rely on squad rotation.  This should be the A team from here on out.

-----------Barlow

--Royer--Kaku--Stroud

--------Rza-Yearwood

Pendant Long Parker Duncan

Clark first off the bench in most cases.

Barlow and White split time.

I can take Davis with Yearwood, but really liked how we looked with Rza and Yearwood.  

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Well, with only 3 games left and good spacing between the 2nd and 3rd game, we don't have to rely on squad rotation.  This should be the A team from here on out.

-----------Barlow
--Royer--Kaku--Stroud
--------Rza-Yearwood
Pendant Long Parker Duncan

Clark first off the bench in most cases.
Barlow and White split time.
I can take Davis with Yearwood, but really liked how we looked with Rza and Yearwood.  

I can see Omir Fernandez getting a start tonight over Stroud. Revs are likely to start the same backline they did in August and Omir did well in the first half.

Royer, Kaku and Fernandez are all well rested and should be able to press hard for 60+ minutes. Bring in Stroud, Valot, Clark for fresh legs to close it out.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Omir just doesn't do enough for me.  It was mentioned during the last game that STroud is number 2 on the team in chances created (behind only Kaku) and when the stats are lining up with what your eyes are telling you, I think that Stroud should be an auto-start while he's playing like this.

We have 3 games left to make the playoffs so it should be our best guys.  If it's not Stroud then it should be Valot or Clark in my opinion.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Omir just doesn't do enough for me.  It was mentioned during the last game that STroud is number 2 on the team in chances created (behind only Kaku) and when the stats are lining up with what your eyes are telling you, I think that Stroud should be an auto-start while he's playing like this.

We have 3 games left to make the playoffs so it should be our best guys.  If it's not Stroud then it should be Valot or Clark in my opinion.  

Fernandez has only played about 3/4 of the minutes Stroud has played and Omir does have two goals, which is two more than Jared.  I have no problem if Carnell picks Stroud or, even better, Clark to start over Omir, but Omir has done enough to not get totally shut out of the lineup..

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Fernandez has only played about 3/4 of the minutes Stroud has played and Omir does have two goals, which is two more than Jared.  I have no problem if Carnell picks Stroud or, even better, Clark to start over Omir, but Omir has done enough to not get totally shut out of the lineup..

Yeah, it still comes down to crunch time and only so many guys can play.  Give me Stroud, Clark, and Valot over Omir.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If Mines wasn't having injury concerns, he'd be in the mix as well. Assisted Omir's goal at NE. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm not sure if we can officially clinch a playoff spot tonight but a win would pretty much seal it anyway.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yeah, it still comes down to crunch time and only so many guys can play.  

This really is a good argument ... but I still think you have leeway to confirm Tetteh is a no. I mean 10 teams are making it this year. I'd play white and tetteh for 60 with Kaku and Valot or Kaku and Stroud providing service in like a 4222. If tetteh is invisible again, cut your losses, those would be his last minutes here. Sub Royer in for him and switch to 4231.    

I guess I have zero faith in this team going deep as they have no forwards, so while I want to watch playoff soccer, I am more eager to see if a scorer can be found. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

This really is a good argument ... but I still think you have leeway to confirm Tetteh is a no. I mean 10 teams are making it this year. I'd play white and tetteh for 60 with Kaku and Valot or Kaku and Stroud providing service in like a 4222. If tetteh is invisible again, cut your losses, those would be his last minutes here. Sub Royer in for him and switch to 4231.    

I guess I have zero faith in this team going deep as they have no forwards, so while I want to watch playoff soccer, I am more eager to see if a scorer can be found. 

Yeah, I can understand an argument to keep giving Tetteh minutes.  I've kind of written him off at this point but I can understand wanting to see him more.

Best case scenario, we win tonight which almost guarantees we are in the playoffs and then we can play whoever we want to se more of.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

I'm not sure if we can officially clinch a playoff spot tonight but a win would pretty much seal it anyway.

Officially clinch with a win and Miami draw/loss.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

should be the A team from here on out. 

We have an A team?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

the A team from here on out.

My preferred lineup with the A-Team inserted

------------------------------BA------------------------------

--------------------------------Face--------------------------

--------------Royer------Kaku-------Clark----------------

-------------------------Hannibal----------------------------

-------Murdock----Long----Parker----Duncan--------

I'm a little nervous about shenanigans at LB. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Officially clinch with a win and Miami draw/loss.

Nice, thanks. Miami is at Dallas, teams are similar standings wise so seems like that could be a toss up.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Royer, Kaku on the bench... saving for the blue fuckers?

White for Barlow

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Meara
Duncan-Parker-Long-Pendant
Rza-Davis
Clark-Valot-Stroud
White

Bench: Jensen, Egbo, Tarek, CCJ, Yearwood, Kaku, Royer, Tetteh, Barlow

McIntosh, Tolkin, Seagrist, Nealis, Fernandez, Lema, Mines, Jorgensen watching from afar
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users