ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Blood money

He's going to Leipzig, not Manchester City.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

only interest is what do we get back????

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Great player and person
Best of luck

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

only interest is what do we get back????

A Leipzig/Salzburg cast off?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Would this give us the garber bucks needed to sign parker?

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Most transfers between Salzburg and Leipzig are for decent (if below market value) fees. They kinda have to be for financial fair play reasons. And RB doesn't give a shit, what do they care if they have to write a check for 10 million euro for Dayot Upemacano from RBL to RBS? So I'd be pretty surprised if it was really for next to nothing, but the organization does frequently find new ways to disappoint so who knows.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Have to think Adams has a higher chance of success than most given where he is going and familiarity with the system

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

think Adams has a higher chance of success than most given where he is going and familiarity with the system

What has the success rate been for those going to Europe? Has MF ever written about this?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I'm sorry to see him go. My questions are can Davis fill in for his departure, how much money do rbny get for him and do we need to sign someone that can fill his role?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Most transfers between Salzburg and Leipzig are for decent (if below market value) fees. They kinda have to be for financial fair play reasons. And RB doesn't give a shit, what do they care if they have to write a check for 10 million euro for Dayot Upemacano from RBL to RBS? So I'd be pretty surprised if it was really for next to nothing, but the organization does frequently find new ways to disappoint so who knows.

Remember, MLS has to sign off on the deal.   On the one hand, they want a high fee to raise the bar for the next guy who gets sold, on the other hand, they want to make sure we don't take advantage of the system.   It should all balance out to a reasonable number.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Reasonable number when it comes to today's transfers in the world of soccer? Especially in this instance where we have MLS and rb to rb transfer. Good luck with that.. My guess is people will be surprised by the transfer fee, and I'm leaning on the low side.

Will we ever even know the transfer fee?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Reasonable number when it comes to today's transfers in the world of soccer? Especially in this instance where we have MLS and rb to rb transfer. Good luck with that.. My guess is people will be surprised by the transfer fee, and I'm leaning on the low side.

I'm surprised no reporter has been able to get the actual number especially considering this didn't exactly come out of nowhere. Feel like all the other major outbound MLS transfers lately have been reported on very quickly.

I doubt we're going to get royally screwed here. Red Bull is the only one who would want a lowball fee but they're far from the only ones with a say in the matter. MLS will want a fair cut, Tyler and his agent will want the highest signing bonus possible (usually a % of transfer), and while I'm not all that knowledgeable on FIFA's Financial Fair Play people seem to think that offers some protection as well.

City wasn't allowed to lowball NYCFC for Harrison, I would expect the same scenario here.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I searched for England U20 players that were recently transferred. This guy seems a reasonable comp (https://www.transfer.../spieler/434676), sold for 6.5M euro in July 2018.

A bit taller and has an EU passport, so presumably would be valued a bit more highly? I'd be happy with $5M for Tyler, +/- a million or so. Anything outside of that range would be surprising to me.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I'm surprised no reporter has been able to get the actual number especially considering this didn't exactly come out of nowhere. Feel like all the other major outbound MLS transfers lately have been reported on very quickly.

I doubt we're going to get royally screwed here. Red Bull is the only one who would want a lowball fee but they're far from the only ones with a say in the matter. MLS will want a fair cut, Tyler and his agent will want the highest signing bonus possible (usually a % of transfer), and while I'm not all that knowledgeable on FIFA's Financial Fair Play people seem to think that offers some protection as well.

City wasn't allowed to lowball NYCFC for Harrison, I would expect the same scenario here.

It's also in red bull's interest to overpay since this is a way to increase the cap (garber bucks) without using DPs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users