Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Mines can't get rocked by an opponent out on the field anymore. Talent is there, imo, but he's too "finesse" currently. Omir is prob more talented, but imo needs to get better on the defensive side, since that's a big requirement wrt the system. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Mines can't get rocked by an opponent out on the field anymore. Talent is there, imo, but he's too "finesse" currently. Omir is prob more talented, but imo needs to get better on the defensive side, since that's a big requirement wrt the system. 

This has to be Mines' last chance to impress.  He is awfully slight, hopefully he's bulked up some since last year.  Seems like a good kid, hoping he comes good this year.   

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Omir can't stay on his feet, either.   He seems to draw an inordinate number of fouls.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Omir can't stay on his feet, either.   He seems to draw an inordinate number of fouls.

That part of what I like about Omir's game. He takes a beating, but he's never afraid to get stuck in and draw a foul. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

That part of what I like about Omir's game. He takes a beating, but he's never afraid to get stuck in and draw a foul. 

The beating Omir takes is different than Mines.  Generally when Omir is rocked its a foul where for Mines you get some "weight room" moments which may have led to some of his injuries.  In Omir's case  he needs to get stronger so he recovers better from matches and can last the whole season.  He started off the year brightly but didnt have enough juice to last the whole season.  Would love to see him as a second striker in the new setup.

Both of them are brave though and dont shy away from a beating which is important. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The beating Omir takes is different than Mines.  Generally when Omir is rocked its a foul where for Mines you get some "weight room" moments which may have led to some of his injuries.  In Omir's case  he needs to get stronger so he recovers better from matches and can last the whole season.  He started off the year brightly but didnt have enough juice to last the whole season.  Would love to see him as a second striker in the new setup.

Both of them are brave though and dont shy away from a beating which is important. 

100% agree. I wasn't necessarily comparing the two. That's kind of what I was inferring about Omir. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Anyone have any sense of who will start in goal?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Anyone have any sense of who will start in goal?

coinflip says....

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We're +265 underdogs for this game as of this morning on Draft Kings. For the first game of a tourney on neutral ground after a long layoff, I like those odds for a bet.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

My guess at the 18:

Royer White

Kaku Valot

Casseres Davis

Pendant Parker Long Duncan

Jensen

Meara Tarek Egbo Rza Muyl Jorgen$en Barlow

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Is Long confirmed coming? Just had a kid 2 weeks ago.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is Long confirmed coming? Just had a kid 2 weeks ago.

I think he responded to a Tweet about their travel schedule, I believe he's with the team. Athletes don't tend to get much in the way of paternity leave. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I think he responded to a Tweet about their travel schedule, I believe he's with the team. Athletes don't tend to get much in the way of paternity leave. 

And on an MLS salary, I would imagine less players can afford to sit out and sacrifice the money, relative to their NBA and MLB counterparts

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

We're +265 underdogs for this game as of this morning on Draft Kings. For the first game of a tourney on neutral ground after a long layoff, I like those odds for a bet.

Yeah, good call

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
This is gonna be either a boring 0-0 draw with no cohesion on offense or 4-3 slopfest with no defending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users