One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

FOH.

laughing.gif

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

DNCMzDEUEAAwmj2.jpg

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Dax is a class act and an amazing person. I hope he gets to play here again before retirement. 

Nevertheless, glad we won. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Dax was esentially traded for escobar and keita since we used the allocation money on those players.

But was dax even needed at rbny? I would say no since felipe took his position. And adams and davis looked great this season. In the end, rbny got two prospects that have shown capability while also opening playing time for adams and davis. It was a win win both clubs.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Dax is a class act and an amazing person. 

Announced as MOTM for Chicago.
An obvious choice, as he played his heart out and no teammate seemed to realize that they were in a knock-out game.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

https://twitter.com/...392106290401280

Remains a class act.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I like Dax and will root for him.

Was happy to see this play out this way because I disagreed so much with the people who tried to say that was the reason we struggled early this season.  Or that they pushed this fallacy that we traded some super star when that was never the case.  

I also feel for Chicago because they built a team that won't be able to sustain success.  Between Schweinsteiger, Dax, Juninho, and Nikolic, you have too many guys who are 30 years old and above.  There is nowhere to go but down.  But obviously yes, immediately they were going to have some success.  Also think it's funny that they almost managed to run their true best player (Accam) out of town and he's the young one of the bunch.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

FOH.

laughing.gif

Winning the Dax trade has nothing to do with beating Chicago, it has to do with making MLS Cup.  Until then everything is still exactly the same.  Technically we have gone just as far this year as we have in other years.  With that being said let's smash Toronto

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

As far as Chicago is concerned, they did win the trade, as Dax was their best player last night. Also, if they kept the $400k, it would either of been spent payin' down fatman Scheinstieger or blow it on another +30 Euro player. So yeah, congrats Chicago!

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

As far as Chicago is concerned, they did win the trade, as Dax was their best player last night. Also, if they kept the $400k, it would either of been spent payin' down fatman Scheinstieger or blow it on another +30 Euro player. So yeah, congrats Chicago!

Fatman is being generous. He was like a statue and made our inanimate carbon rod look more mobile.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I also feel for Chicago because they built a team that won't be able to sustain success.  Between Schweinsteiger, Dax, Juninho, and Nikolic, you have too many guys who are 30 years old and above.  There is nowhere to go but down.  But obviously yes, immediately they were going to have some success.  Also think it's funny that they almost managed to run their true best player (Accam) out of town and he's the young one of the bunch.

Pretty much exactly what DC did a few years ago where they blew all their GarberBucks on the likes of Davy Arnoud and Jeff Parke. So we've got two years before Chicago's back at the bottom of the table?

I'd still take Accam off their hands...

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Pretty much exactly what DC did a few years ago where they blew all their GarberBucks on the likes of Davy Arnoud and Jeff Parke. So we've got two years before Chicago's back at the bottom of the table?

I'd still take Accam off their hands...

Would take Accam in a second as well.  

Although if we keep this same exact team going into next season.  Our 1 and only need is going to be CB.  2 of them.  Preferably a Kendall Waston clone.  Unless we think Baah is good then we only really need 1.  And Jesse and company have seen him plenty in practices now to know for sure if he's back to where he needs to be.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

How can you win a trade when you give the other team their best player and get literally nothing at all in return? We lost that trade hands down big time, got worse from last year, but are still better than much improved Chicago team.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

How can you win a trade when you give the other team their best player and get literally nothing at all in return? We lost that trade hands down big time, got worse from last year, but are still better than much improved Chicago team.

At the time was a huge chunk of money.  Now not so big.  As someone else mentioned above, the trade basically results in Escobar and Keita.  

Either way, Dax is absolutely not their best player.  He's probably not better than BS or Nikolic either but there isn't even a debate when it comes to Accam.

Lastly, we are worse this year because our best CB (and one of the better CB's in the league) was hurt the entire year and Sacha suffered a big time drop off.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Dax is absolutely not their best player..

Last night, he was.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users