Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

You cracked my code!

#32 GiveMeTheGalaxy

GiveMeTheGalaxy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Music, Soccer, Baseball (Cubs), reading non-fiction & classics, surfing (the internet) and working for the man (Just kidding)
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Arsenal, Cubs

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

I think Josh might actually have a point. LARS ticketmaster group sale ruins the value of LARS season tickets. You get them for a couple bucks more than season ticket price and it killed the market demand on the boards, so now when i miss a game I usually have to eat the cost.

I am more in the camp of purchasing them for the sake of having them.....and for the right to vote on next years Season Ticket Holder Scarf.

#33 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

If you don't get season tix, you don't get a cool little membership card. Plus, when you do get your tix, you can tilt your head high and look down on those who do not. Non season ticket holders are not real people and are beneath us; treat them as such.

Let's Eat!

#34 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

If you don't get season tix, you don't get a cool little membership card. Plus, when you do get your tix, you can tilt your head high and look down on those who do not. Non season ticket holders are not real people and are beneath us; treat them as such.

Edit: I'll leave the double post to drive the point home.

Let's Eat!

#35 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

I think Josh might actually have a point. LARS ticketmaster group sale ruins the value of LARS season tickets. You get them for a couple bucks more than season ticket price and it killed the market demand on the boards, so now when i miss a game I usually have to eat the cost.

I am more in the camp of purchasing them for the sake of having them.....and for the right to vote on next years Season Ticket Holder Scarf.

It's something that's already been addressed... this season's games are done, but next season the price on the Ticketmaster Link will be considerably higher than it was this season.

Additionally, add-on prices for STHs will be a bit higher.

In theory, the $440 rate ($22 per game) will be the absolute cheapest price you can get in LARS. Can't control what LARS price will be, but add-on rate will be a few dollars above $25 I believe, and the ticketmaster link will be considerably higher.

Can't predict when or how the FO will undermine the STHs, but we've been told they'll stop...

EDIT: I'll try to have numbers for you this afternoon.

#36 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Non season ticket holders are not real people and are beneath us; treat them as such.

This.

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#37 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

...you can tilt your head high and look down on those who do not. Non season ticket holders are not real people and are beneath us; treat them as such.

Oui.

Posted Image
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#38 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Okay, so these numbers have not been confirmed but are likely what we will see:

Add-on Rate for STHs = $30
Ticketmaster Link = $32

Per usual, there will probably fees on top of these prices.

#39 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

That's not what our thinking was.

Basically three reasons: price, benefits, and attendance.

It's silly that different groups pay different prices. There's definitely a matter of principle here, but it's more than that. At $360 each it may have been worth it given what you get along with the tickets (nothing), but it just didn't feel like it was worth it at 440. Not a good use of money to us.

Which leads into the other reason, there are like no other benefits worth having. I made Aaron tell me over and over what it was that you'd be getting, and it's the same crap as this year. This was the first year I got season tix and I was really disappointed with the "benefits". A random blanket... okay, cool. A scarf. I have more scarves than I know what to do with. I'm past the LARS gear-envy stage. The "big friendly" wasn't included, and neither are the advanced rounds of the CCL (which I would make the extra effort from work to attend).

Attendance, meaning ours. Weekday games are really really difficult, maybe we'll make one or two in a season. So all those games are just a burden for us to have to somehow get rid of the ticket to make the money back. But, there is hardly any demand for weekday games. So it's a waste of money. If we ever were going to go, it's simple to get a ticket, you certainly don't need season tickets to lock it down.

The Groupon thing was an insult to season ticket holders and it's good that it's gone, but I never had a problem with Ticketmaster selling individual LARS tickets near the $25 mark.

The best option for us, though not ideal, is a mini plan that gives the most-desired games, so those are locked in. Then we scrounge up any other weekend games we feel like going to, or the odd weekday game if it is really a compelling game.

It is disappointing that the FO seems to be trying to channel people into season tickets not by making them attractive purchases, but by making other options less attractive. It doesn't do anything to sway me, but makes it harder for the day trippers to help fill the section up. Pretty much the opposite of how ACB is populated, and the results speak for themselves.

But there is that premium corner view... and the obvious elitist factor, but to me it felt more like a sucker factor, really. Hopefully things change. I held out hope for next year but we were disappointed.

EDIT: I should add, my situation is not everybody's. If you are attending every game, season tix are probably worth it, though I'd still be annoyed at the price differential.

#40 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

If Ive ever needed an extra tix, I tend to always go on here and buy them directly from people that are selling theirs. I can give a rat's ass about the price diference but would rather help out fellow LARS members and not have their tix and money go to waste then to give an extra $5+ to Ticketmaster for "convenience fees"... they even charge you for using your own paper and ink at home to print tickets but will mail you tickets for free :blink: (atleast, in the theatreworld)

Of course, when Tues night CONCACAF matches start being sold at $10 a pop, that's when we start having problems!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#41 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Oh man! I missed the deadline for season tickets at cheap prices. I guess I'll have to skip a bunch of the games next season. Shucks, how disappointing. I was soooooo looking forward to getting a special scarf.
[/scarasm] <-- for people whose meters are broken

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#42 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

[/scarasm] <-- for people whose meters are broken

And for those not using their spell check as well... ;)

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#43 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

And for those not using their spell check as well... ;)

slelp chcke si orvertead!

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#44 GiveMeTheGalaxy

GiveMeTheGalaxy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Music, Soccer, Baseball (Cubs), reading non-fiction &amp; classics, surfing (the internet) and working for the man (Just kidding)
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Arsenal, Cubs

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

That's not what our thinking was.

I said you had a good point, not THE POINT.

Maybe you should get some tickets with the ACB, then sneak into 138. .....got photoshop?

#45 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

I said you had a good point, not THE POINT.

Maybe you should get some tickets with the ACB, then sneak into 138. .....got photoshop?

Hah! That would actually be pretty easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users