67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Alot of shade always thrown at Barlow. 

He's had a few great plays this season - the assist last night, the through ball to Manoel.... 

The guy is working and is improving... Not where he needs to be certainly, but lets give a little credit to Starlow.  

Some talk of assistant coaches - Lesesne should bring BWP onboard to just coach up these forwards... Burke whiffing, Manoel never learning how to chip, and Barlow not being able to track a ball in the air.... These are all mental things I think. Hell, I've said it before, can we get Henry over here for a month of striker training? 

Side note - after the Philly game, Barlow hung out meeting all the fans, when everyone else went in... I desperately want Barlow to succeed, for him and for the team. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Nice guy but we need better players, period.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Nice guy but we need better players, period.

That doesnt sound like appreciation. That sounds like shade. 

Can't we just be happy for 3 days?

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

All things considered, Barlow has been the best attacking player on the team so far this season if you do not include Tolkin as an attacker. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

That doesnt sound like appreciation. That sounds like shade. 
Can't we just be happy for 3 days?

I'm not happy, we had a 1-0 win over a DC team that didn't give a shit about the game. Team is dead last in the conference.

Also Barlow sucks, he just registered his 1st assist in his 109th game. Absolute joke he gets so much playing time. He is a huge part of the problem of why this front office and team sucks.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I'm not happy, we had a 1-0 win over a DC team that didn't give a shit about the game. Team is dead last in the conference.

Also Barlow sucks, he just registered his 1st assist in his 109th game. Absolute joke he gets so much playing time. He is a huge part of the problem of why this front office and team sucks.

You just can't let me have a nice day? Let me live in my fool's paradise of belief.... I WANT TO BELEIVE!!! 

Once the team gets destroyed by NYCFC (Blue Wedding? :( ) I will be sad again. But until Saturday, Barlow is the man! 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Oh god 67% I consider myself a perennial optimist when it comes to this team but you're asking a lot here! 

It was a great assist, no way to discount the play. And hey, he should have had an assist in MLS play with his through ball to Manoel last week too.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Oh god 67% I consider myself a perennial optimist when it comes to this team but you're asking a lot here! 

It was a great assist, no way to discount the play. And hey, he should have had an assist in MLS play with his through ball to Manoel last week too.

That's right Iced! Get on the hype train!!! 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Maybe (and i'm just thinking out loud here so bear with me)...just maybe, the guy who cannot put the ball in the back of the net to save his life should not be anywhere near the goal to begin with.  Maybe we were wrong about Barlow's strengths.  The guy can run hard and is strong, and apparently can put in a half decent service from the wing.  Maybe he needs converted to winger to terrorize outside backs - that way he's far enough from goal so that he won't Barlow any more chances this year.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Barlow has amassed an equal number of assists as Luis Robles in 172 fewer games played.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

An Ode to Starlow

Oh Barlow, Your star glows,

Here unto the night.

Seven-Four, Your encore,

Shall set the doubters right. 

At MSU, you found the muse,

That turns this season round.

'Gainst those Blue, you'll ring true

with goals (not just xG!) abound. 

There are those, from head to toes,

Who think you JUST big-strong-fast

But slow your mind, and show that kind,

who will be laughing last. 

Oh Barlow, your star grows,

Beginning Saturday.

I'd like to bet, you'll find the net

as I know it'd pay. 

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

An Ode to Starlow

Oh Barlow, Your star glows,

Here unto the night.

Seven-Four, Your encore,

Shall set the doubters right. 

At MSU, you found the muse,

That turns this season round.

'Gainst those Blue, you'll ring true

with goals (not just xG!) abound. 

There are those, from head to toes,

Who think you JUST big-strong-fast

But slow your mind, and show that kind,

who will be laughing last. 

Oh Barlow, your star grows,

Beginning Saturday.

I'd like to bet, you'll find the net

as I know it'd pay. 

Will this be a chant during Saturday's game or will it be the Tifo?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Lol oh God, I would consider the biggest optimists on these boards to be you Iced, Mcsoccer, and Ivo and this season Ive seen little optimism from any of you. I just want to start winning games again and this team to score more than one goal a game again.

LONG LIVE METRO

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Lol oh God, I would consider the biggest optimists on these boards to be you Iced, Mcsoccer, and Ivo and this season Ive seen little optimism from any of you. I just want to start winning games again and this team to score more than one goal a game again.

It's been a season of ugly soccer my friend. Brightest take I've been able to muster so far is "in an alternate universe with no injuries and another $20M worth of attacking players maybe it can work under Struber". And plenty of people didn't even like me going that far!

Here's to more goals like the one we saw against DC

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Ha! I dont think anyone has ever called me an optimist before. The fact I would be considered one here, shows how bleak an outlook this lot has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users