65 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I fucked up his name, but edit feature isn't letting me edit the title.  Nonetheless:

Red Bulls set to sign 30-year-old French centerback Damien Perrinelle, who can also play right back. #RBNY # MLS http://bit.ly/1A7JjVm 

Oh joy.  We whiffed on Beasley to sign this guy.  Remind me again why we signed all of these fucking defenders in the offseason?

Plays for Istres, who finished 13th in Ligue 2 last year.  

#RedBullOut

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Commence the shitting on a player nobody here has seen play.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

central defender, 6+ ft tall, versatile, can play CB and RB.  no idea if he is a "bruiser" like petke prefers. hope he can pass out of the back.  not too old either.

we'll see.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Roxy: “He’s a good player, a very good player. He’s technically very good, so that’s why we’re giving him [a chance]. He’s a good player on the ball. He’s talented with the ball at his feet and he’s technically very good.’’

So... is he good and technical? (Sounds like someone trying to sell himself on going home with the last girl in the bar)

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Commence the shitting on a player nobody here has seen play.

We had "tepid interest" in this guy in the offseason and passed the first time around.  We then signed Armando, Eckersley, Convey in the offseason to cover for the defense.  He's a defender at a mid-table Ligue 2 squad.  Not shitting on the player so much as I'm shitting on our decision making as a club.  This reeks of a band-aid move to try fix the shitty moves they made in the offseason.  This also means we're probably maxed out against the cap barring another move.

#RedBullOut

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

We had "tepid interest" in this guy in the offseason and passed the first time around.  We then signed Armando, Eckersley, Convey in the offseason to cover for the defense.  He's a defender at a mid-table Ligue 2 squad.  Not shitting on the player so much as I'm shitting on our decision making as a club.  This reeks of a band-aid move to try fix the shitty moves they made in the offseason.

According to the article, he just happened to be in NY and visited RBNY because he knew Houllier. It wasn't like he was specifically flown in on trial, and Roxburgh implied that he wasn't really available at that point, either. He did play with Istres after that trial. 

Is it a band-aid move? To an extent, probably. I don't see why that really matters, though. The winter moves sucked. We know that. Petke knows that. Roxburgh knows that. At this point, they're doing what they can to rectify the situation. Maybe this guy will be good. Maybe he'll suck as much as the rest. I don't think it's fair to him to hold previous bad moves against him. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Is it a band-aid move? To an extent, probably. I don't see why that really matters, though. The winter moves sucked. We know that. Petke knows that. Roxburgh knows that. At this point, they're doing what they can to rectify the situation. Maybe this guy will be good. Maybe he'll suck as much as the rest. I don't think it's fair to him to hold previous bad moves against him. 

But we're all in agreement here that our biggest need at the moment is in our midfield, correct.? By signing Perrinelle we're tying up more cap space trying to fix a fuck up (Adding supposed depth again) instead of addressing what has been the major source of our ills this season, our midfield.  It seemed like we were going with a youth movement at the back up until last week and had a clear plan to do so.  Now what we've done is tied up more cap space to try and tinker with the backline even further in the hopes of getting it right.  It kind of seems like we have no clear direction as a club, no?

#RedBullOut

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

But we're all in agreement here that our biggest need at the moment is in our midfield, correct.? By signing Perrinelle we're tying up more cap space trying to fix a fuck up (Adding supposed depth again) instead of addressing what has been the major source of our ills this season, our midfield.  It seemed like we were going with a youth movement at the back up until last week and had a clear plan to do so.  Now what we've done is tied up more cap space to try and tinker with the backline even further in the hopes of getting it right.  It kind of seems like we don't have a plan at all, doesn't it?

Not really. Chris Duvall has been competent but hardly a difference maker, and he's one injury/suspension/sickness/whatever away from forcing Petke to use Kimura or Eckersley. CB hasn't exactly been a strength, either.

I think Roxburgh is very aware of the need to add a player to the midfield and I'm sure they've allotted a certain amount of cap space to that. Should they have waited to sign Perrinelle AFTER the midfielder just so we can say we signed a midfielder first?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

can't say that our only need is in midfield.  obviously, we need a guy to compete with dax and we need a guy to do a better consistent job of shielding the defense.  this new guy definitely could contribute, especially if we play against any teams on artificial surfaces.  i sincerely hope that this isn't the only signing during the window.  that would suck and would make me frustrated.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

a372f75ff4c587140955577fcc84b2109ab14ddf

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I don't know who this guy is but FUCK RED BULL! I hate the brand, but love the team (except for most of the guys who play on the team).

Harry Harrison

Harry Harrison

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRB, SCP, WHU

Does this mean we're not bringing in anyone else in this window due to the cap?  FML.  I really thought the team was going to bring in a big dp to steal some steam from the blue team.  It sure does feel like Austria has turned it's back on us.  I hope Perrinelle is as good as Roxy makes him out to be cuz this stinks of shit.   

Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f*ck him."

hoofball

hoofball

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metro Stars

Not really. Chris Duvall has been competent but hardly a difference maker, and he's one injury/suspension/sickness/whatever away from forcing Petke to use Kimura or Eckersley. CB hasn't exactly been a strength, either.

I think Roxburgh is very aware of the need to add a player to the midfield and I'm sure they've allotted a certain amount of cap space to that. Should they have waited to sign Perrinelle AFTER the midfielder just so we can say we signed a midfielder first?

Exactly ALL of this...  Our defense has been as big a problem as our MF, who knows if Perrinelle is the answer but it's not like the team isn't addressing a need as big as MF is a need.

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
"Roxburgh said the Red Bulls thought they had an agreement to add a Designated Player last winter, only to have the player re-up with his current team for another season. He said they have several targets for this summer and felt signing a designated player was possible, but wouldnt guarantee it." Would love to know who it was.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Roxy: “He’s a good player, a very good player. He’s technically very good, so that’s why we’re giving him [a chance]. He’s a good player on the ball. He’s talented with the ball at his feet and he’s technically very good.’’

-snip-

Well, that's good enough for me! I'm sure RB management is convinced this is a case of the rich (Supporters' Shield 2013) getting richer, and will do everything to make sure its fan base appreciates that fact.  :)

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users