205 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
According to MLS, BWP wasnt on caution, so he should be available.

Yardley is usually pretty good with statistics but he was off on a few things yesterday.

https://www.mlssocce...cipline/summary
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
So is there anyone who still thinks we're a lock for the playoffs? Or that our defense was good enough to start th season?

Yeah. I thought not.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

So is there anyone who still thinks we're a lock for the playoffs? Or that our defense was good enough to start th season?

Yeah. I thought not.

Best thing that could happen would be missing the playoffs.  We certainly don't have the caliber of players necessary to win (especially with a sieve for defense).  Missing might encourage some spending.  I can easily recall the years we turned over players, and we have been amazingly stable over the past few but like visiting guests and fish ..... things are starting to get a bit stinky.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Best thing that could happen would be missing the playoffs.  We certainly don't have the caliber of players necessary to win (especially with a sieve for defense).  Missing might encourage some spending.  I can easily recall the years we turned over players, and we have been amazingly stable over the past few but like visiting guests and fish ..... things are starting to get a bit stinky.

Awful idea, missing the playoffs will not bring back a $15M Designated Player budget. 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Awful idea, missing the playoffs will not bring back a $15M Designated Player budget. 

Neither will making the playoffs .... as we have seen!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

No
Why would anyone plan for you star CB to be out for 75% of the season?
I think in pre-season the expected Baah to progress and come back.
Less ball watching from National Team level players is not an unreasonable expectation.
Granted they could've gotten another CB

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

We fucking better not lose to these assholes.

^^ Pretty much captures it all in 8 words

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

actually less than $1.5m in total. whatever BWP and Sacha make over $500k, essentially. with the new adidas deal with MLS, it's a significant bump of cash, compared to the old contract. would it be even slightly possible that we'd get up to a $1m more in the DP budget? $500k? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

According to MLS, BWP wasnt on caution, so he should be available.

Yardley is usually pretty good with statistics but he was off on a few things yesterday.

https://www.mlssocce...cipline/summary

Seriously, to not know that Clint scored FIVE in one game? Come on, Yardley.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

No
Why would anyone plan for you star CB to be out for 75% of the season?
I think in pre-season the expected Baah to progress and come back.
Less ball watching from National Team level players is not an unreasonable expectation.
Granted they could've gotten another CB

BS. I called it before the start of the season and I'm a soccer moron. The guys that get paid to do this should have seen the situation coming from a mile away.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Kill these assholes. We have to come out desperate for 3 points. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

BS. I called it before the start of the season and I'm a soccer moron. The guys that get paid to do this should have seen the situation coming from a mile away.

You called Collin's injury problems? Got any stock market tips, cause that's some crystal ball stuff right there.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

You called Collin's injury problems? Got any stock market tips, cause that's some crystal ball stuff right there.

Actually IIRC the poster did exactly that (unless I am confusing him with another poster. There was definitely at least one guy here who called Collin going down).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Ah yeah Koko was that your theory that players on a new contract are bound for a down year? Can't say I buy too much of a correlation between contracts and injuries but can't argue against how Collin's year played out...

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He did guess that Collin would have a poor post-contract year.

He got it right, but it was just a guess. If FO didn't resign our best CB from last year, we'd be shouting from the rooftops that they are being cheap.

So yeah - playing Zizzo and DP as starting CBs in 20+ combined matches has been brutal but we spent 750k+ on 2 CBs who played less than 10 games. AND we signed a NT CB in the summer.

While they have failed in reinforcing the CB situation, it's not like they didn't try or spend significantly in the MLS salary cap context.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users