Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

when collin's contract is up, split the 450k up and give parker an increased deal at the end of the season. long, as well. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Get it done. We need more CB power.

...But not for Felipe.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Goff is usually on point. Would expect to see it go down.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Goff updated his tweet to say it's Garber Bucks. No Felipe involved. That's a relief.

Pretty much this. Look at teams that succeed in MLS - Seattle, TFC, La in the Keane years they all had depth. We all make that deepest squad ever joke but I feel like we have some solid depth in spots and center midfield is one of those spots. With Felipe, Adams, Rzat, and Davis. They will all contribute over the course of the long season over multiple competitions. That's not something we wanna lose. Especially now. At least with the Dax and Sacha trades those were done in the beginning of the offseason and it was part of the overall plan of the winter. Here we are almost at the first CCL game. Not the time to trade a guy like Felipe, a guy that the roster views as a stable part of the team. 

Who cares about the allocation money. You use it to sign a player anyway so view it as signing Parker. I'd sign for this move now. Young American local kid. Then we'd have Parker, Long, Collin, and Redding. That's pretty solid. Hope it happens as it addresses the major need of the squad. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Parker, Long, Collin, and Redding. That's pretty solid. Hope it happens as it addresses the major need of the squad. 

Im not sure if its solid and addresses the problem but thats semantics.

What it does is give us better odds of not being a complete dumpster fire at CB this year.

IMO they should have dumped Collin and gone for the SPLASH CB signing. Either it didnt go their way or they had no intention of bringing in a guy who is immediately in the starting 11. It is what it is. A stable of young guys with upside isnt terrible. We just have to hope one of them comes good and Long stays healthy.

Get this guy!

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

What it does is give us better odds of not being a complete dumpster fire at CB this year.

IMO they should have dumped Collin and gone for the SPLASH CB signing. Either it didnt go their way or they had no intention of bringing in a guy who is immediately in the starting 11. It is what it is. A stable of young guys with upside isnt terrible. We just have to hope one of them comes good and Long stays healthy.

Get this guy!

Well compared to the dumpster fire we have had, I guess that's why I'm happy at the prospect of completing this move. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I think Parker's more than a prospect at this point, he's got two very well reviewed MLS seasons under his belt and has gotten looks for the senior USMNT. I wouldn't be surprised if he immediately slots in above Collin in the CB chart.

Really, really exciting move if they can pull this off for just GarberBucks

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I don't know if it's semantics. Has there been a better, more consistent, American center back in MLS over the past two seasons?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Felipe is a steady player who does a lot so I would be surprised if he's moved. Marsch is really tied to nobody so I don't get that idea at all preventing that. We have guys like Tyler and Rapinoe as well as Davis so we could afford to make the move from a personnel standpoint but it would still surprise me.

Parker I know has a really good reputation. I've said before that we are totally fine at CB if we plan to play a 4 man back line but if we want a 3 man back line then we need another CB. This would obviously move towards that. Curious what happens.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It lets guys like Ndam and Politz to develop at their own pace.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I don't know if it's semantics. Has there been a better, more consistent, American center back in MLS over the past two seasons?

Im underrating him for sure. Cause Im a pessimistic a$$hole.

Also, admittedly Ive seen very little of his play. But when words like consistent are used to define a guy it doesnt get me excited.

Regardless Ill take a consistent MLS proven young CB at this point. Lets get it done.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Im underrating him for sure. Cause Im a pessimistic a$$hole.

Also, admittedly Ive seen very little of his play. But when words like consistent are used to define a guy it doesnt get me excited.

Regardless Ill take a consistent MLS proven young CB at this point. Lets get it done.

You do realize that this is MLS and you can't have everything. We are already straining the international slots and I hope we are saving one for a bona fide attacking prospect. Getting a good young American CB is a no brainer when you consider the entire roster constraints.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Parker for funny money sounds very good to me. Parker is tough and physical. Wasnt he in the Red Bulls set up already and we passed on him? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Double post, sorry.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

pass - put Davis in there

;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users