184 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

BWP is done, folks. Just making a roster as 4th/5th player off the bench is not an accomplishment. Heck, his brother made our roster at some point, but was a shell of his former self. I wish him well, but would be shocked if he played anywhere near the level we used to seeing a few years ago.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

BWP is a club legend but his best days are behind him. I predict he scores 2 goals this season coming off the bench in LA.

Want to bet? I'll put $100 he scores more than 4.5 goals this year. Giving you 3 goals of cushion 

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Supports:rbny

Will miss start of season due to sports hernia surgery.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Still a far cry from the BWP of old, when he scored like 30 goals.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

Watching BWP flourish at LAFC has been bittersweet.  I'm happy that he has a legitimate shot at lifting the cup after his years of exemplary play in the league, but I can't imagine how he feels about red bull.  He poured his soul into the team and got shown the door in a truly shameful way.  Retiring his number before he retired, not offering him an extension, the general lack of empathy.  Honestly makes me hate RB (even more than I already do).  

Red bull brass fires legends and lets the door hit them on the way out.  #RedBullOut

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I fucking hate how they did that jersey retirement ceremony. It was out of nowhere and done after the game so there was barely anyone in the stands.

I wish we kept BWP and used him in the Wondo role like someone else said on here.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Watching BWP flourish at LAFC has been bittersweet.  I'm happy that he has a legitimate shot at lifting the cup after his years of exemplary play in the league, but I can't imagine how he feels about red bull.  He poured his soul into the team and got shown the door in a truly shameful way.  Retiring his number before he retired, not offering him an extension, the general lack of empathy.  Honestly makes me hate RB (even more than I already do).  

Red bull brass fires legends and lets the door hit them on the way out.  #RedBullOut

I really didn't expect BWP resurrect his career at 35. Maybe some did, but I think he exceeded most people's expectations by looking like BWP of old. I doubt LAFC gave him the contract of old either.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Of course its B Dubs

Good article from OAM with some quotes from BWP here. Classy dude as always with some really fair criticism of Red Bull.

The TL:DR version is that Red Bull didn't make a serious effort to help him get over his injury last year, and the constant shipping of vets makes it really difficult for young squads to make it through high pressure playoff games.

Also kudos to OAM who I think has brought in some better writers lately, I've enjoyed their recent stuff.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

not “getting straight answers” from Hamlett

"I wish I knew in the beginning [of the year]. I wish we could have just figured out what my injury was and how we could have solved it earlier… Even at the end of the season where we’re having end of season meetings, they’re still not fully saying [whether the contract is being renewed]… For me spending so many years there and doing what I’ve done there, I just think it could have went a bit smoother."

Seriously, what's Hamlett's job again?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
MLS rules liaison, after Thelwell learns those hell just be stealing a paycheck

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

hell just be stealing a paycheck

Same as he has been doing all along.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Supports:rbny

https://matchcenter....ls/video/232252

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

https://matchcenter....ls/video/232252

With all due respect to the great BWP, Diego Rossi did 75%+ of the work. He stole the ball, he advanced the ball, he crossed the ball, and set up BWP. BWP did an excellent finish, but the fact is that we don't have anyone who can do what Diego Rossi did on that play.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
No doubt. But the timing, positioning and opportunistic finishing was 100% pure BWP stuff though.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Good article from OAM with some quotes from BWP here. Classy dude as always with some really fair criticism of Red Bull.

The TL:DR version is that Red Bull didn't make a serious effort to help him get over his injury last year, and the constant shipping of vets makes it really difficult for young squads to make it through high pressure playoff games.

Also kudos to OAM who I think has brought in some better writers lately, I've enjoyed their recent stuff.

good article sad to read

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users